• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wolf small rifle primers .223

Re: Wolf small rifle primers .223

Get the magnums if you are using it in a AR15. They are as good if not better then all the match primers on the market.

Using them with Ram shot TAC and hornady 55 grain soft points in my Colt Ar15's. They like them! Last time I bought some they were $104 for 5k at Powder Valley

I use the SR mags in my 55 grn. FMJ AR15 training ammo. I load 25 grains of H335 over the cheapest 55 grn FMJ bullet I can find. I have shot probably 5k rounds of this ammo and have had zero problems with the Wolf primers.

Keep in mind this is 0 to 200 yard "Training" that is not built for accuracy. I have shot around one inch groups at 100 yards and hit steel plates at 300 yards, so while not MK262, it does good enough for me.

I just started using Wolf SR Mag, and have loaded 800 rounds and shot maybe 300 to 400 of those. Used in 69 and 77 SMK loads. Shot them out to 600 with good results.
Bottom line, I like them.

I found some on GunBroker, also found some Rem 7 1/2's. You do not want to know what I paid for them but at least I have some now.