• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater WOLVERINES!

Starvin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2002
Shreveport, LA
It was just pointed out to me that yesterday was the 25th anniversary of the release of "Red Dawn" to theaters.

Go piss in your radiator, eat beans by the campfire or spray paint your highschool football team name on the side of a burnt out BMP to celebrate!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoM6IFiyRjE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoM6IFiyRjE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: WOLVERINES!

Being a kid in the 80's, I've watched this movie many times. I can't wait to see a remake. I read that there will be some casting and plot changes, I hope the writers don't butcher it up pretty badly.

Looking forward to it nonetheless.

I watched that movie so many times as a kid, the VHS tape broke. It is a true classic. As a kid, it made me wanna go out and shoot Commies!

In the remake it will be the Russians and Chinese. Would have dug Chinese and Iran or some combo like that. Tom Cruise's kid Connor is going to be the traitor kid in the remake.

LOVED "Red Dawn" as a kid. But I doubt you could find a handful of teenagers like that today anywhere near LA, NYC, or Chicago.

That movie rocks!! Back in the late eighties, me and the neighborhood kids would pretend we were them. We'd cut up t-shirts and make half face masks, then run around setting up pretend ambushes on eachother. Good times!!

I saw a screening of it a few months back here in Santa Monica with a discussion afterward with the production designer. He told some really interesting stories about how much effort they put into making the Soviet bloc equipment accurate. For the Hinds they leased some bright yellow Pumas normally used to service oil platforms and because they had to give them back they painted them with water soluble paints that started to strip off during the canyon fight sequence. At one point folks from the CIA showed up asking questions about the ZSU-23-4 they had parked in the motor pool, saying the only one in Western hands at the time was captured by the Israelis. Interesting stuff nonetheless.

Last week it was looking like we were going to be handling the visual effects for the remake, but now that seems doubtful. I've read the script and it follows the original in many ways, but is quite modernized and of a larger scale. Should be interesting.

PS. Ghillie Zen, I took that pic you're using for your avatar. After all of the other photos, C wanted to do a lotus position pic
wink.gif

Love the origional. Did not hear about a remake. Will definitely put it on my todo list

If you can publicly share more details of script/characters, any idea who plays the Colonel Strelnikov in the remake?

At the time there was probably none better than William Smith for the role. Maybe they'll think of using him again in the movie someway, perhaps as a high up General in Russia at the planning stage, if that's included in the movie, etc. In real life he had NSA-CIA clearance, did govt work and received the Purple Heart.

I can't give any specifics because the film is obviously in production, but I can say that the script was better than I expected and from what I can tell they hope to make a franchise out of it.

Thank you for what you were able to provide and share. I will have to look forward to the movie when it comes out.

LOVED "Red Dawn" as a kid. But I doubt you could find a handful of teenagers like that today anywhere near LA, NYC, or Chicago. [/quote]

Same then to. It took place in Colorado far away from Denver..
Respectfully,
LG

The story takes place in the Pacific Northwest this time.

haha kids today run to the mountains with out their cell phones and lap tops..? you talking crazy talk.. it will be all us middle age folks hopping in the pick up trucks. well slowly climbing over the side... haha.. and rolling to the mountains.. invasion or no.. i say we go... lol...

hope the remake is decent..

Supposedly from what I heard on other boards the new one will have a Marine home on leave who leads the kids into combat. For the love of God I hope not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Supposedly from what I heard on other boards the new one will have a Marine home on leave who leads the kids into combat. For the love of God I hope not. </div></div>

It's better than being lead by a Boy Scout...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lumpy grits</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Supposedly from what I heard on other boards the new one will have a Marine home on leave who leads the kids into combat. For the love of God I hope not. </div></div>

It's better than being lead by a Boy Scout........... </div></div>

True. But I hate it when they change story lines.

It's modernized. There are things that are direct from the original, but brought into this decade. It still keeps the spirit of the original and while some characters change and some plot lines change, it would be foolish to do a shot for shot remake.

Either way, if they're able to pull off the work they're attempting, it'll be at least a fun popcorn movie.

It would also suck if they changed the name of the HS mascot to something less aggressive, like Winged Beavers !

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Top 20 List found online</span>:
Montgomery, Alabama: Sidney Lanier HS - Poets
Los Olivos, California: Dunn HS - Earwigs
Yuba City, California - Honkers
Fort Collins, Colorado - Lambkins
Avon, Connecticut: Avon Old Farms - Winged Beavers
Tarpon Springs, Florida - Spongers
Centralia, Illinios - Orphans/ Orphan Annies
Cobden, Illinois - Appleknockers
Fisher, Illinois - Bunnies
Freeburg, Illinois - Midgets
New Berlin, Illinois - Pretzels
Frankfort, Indiana - Hot Dogs (hmmm... the Frankfort Hot Dogs)
Vincennes, Indiana: Lincoln - Alices
Watersmeet, Michagan - Nimrods
Chinook, Montana - Sugar Beeters
Fairbury, Nebraska - Jeffs
Johnstown, Ohio: Johnstown-Monroe - Johnnies
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: St. Hubert - Bambies
Houston, Texas: Morris Academy - Praying Hands
San Antonio, Texas: Central Catholic - Buttons
Poca, West Virginia - Dots

lumpy: you got something against boy scouts?

ps: I vote for appleknockers as well, unless there turns out to be a marine, then i vote spongers

My dad was reading in his local paper(southeastern MI) That they will be filming parts of the remake in Pontiac, MI. It should be a great place to film. Parts of it are already burned out and abandoned.
He mentioned the paper stating they were looking for extras and places to film.
Strange around here how automotive is moving out and hollywood is moving in.

I loved this movie when I was a kid....and still enjoy it today. I was pretty excited to hear that it was going to be filmed here. I was even thinking of trying to get on as an extra or something. I was pretty disappointed to find out someone is "re-creating" Spokane rather than just shooting it here.

That is cool, I grew up just north of Spokane. Loved the movie from a young age, Im a Reagan/cold war kid Fuck the commies. Hope the remake is good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
San Antonio, Texas: Central Catholic - Buttons
</div></div>

We used to play the buttons. I always imagined a big oversized red button with 4 holes as the mascot. In fact, the button is supposed to be the last rattle on a rattle snake. The tip of the rattle comes together as a button. Still a dumb mascot for obvious reasons.

Midgets is hilarious and politically incorrect these days. You know, the only animal I have never heard of as a mascot is a monkey. Anyone know of one.