• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Wolves off ESA (all except WY), now can be managed

oregon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
Portland, Oregon
www.designavs.com
Wolves have elk populations down 60% in Idaho since introduction. Idaho state revenue on elk tags, especially out of state tags is way down. One of the best links I found about it is here:
http://wolfclash.com/2010/02/05/randy-bu...ts-and-hunters/

Idaho down $24M per year in lost revenue:
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-429664.html

More links about ID loss in revenue:

http://www.journalnet.com/news/local/article_639aacda-1232-11df-87ef-001cc4c03286.html

http://media.spokesman.com/documents/2009/02/wolves.pdf

Yes wolves can take out cougar:
http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2009/03/04/idaho-wolves-kings-of-the-predators/

Idaho says call the feds if have problems on their webpage now:
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/wildlife/wolves/

Pictures what a 200 pound wolf looks like:
http://www.huntandtell.com/2009/06/18/huge-wolf/

Idaho wolf report for 2009:
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/wildlife/wolves/wklyReport/2009/july.pdf

Wolves are not not being managed now. Wolf issues are a hot topic, glad not here:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/aug/31/jim-hayden/

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/03...sease_or_wolves

http://www.kuow.org/program.php?id=19780

Don't want you to think it is just me ... feds are goofing up saying the wolf is endangered when wolves are thriving.

<span style="color: #009900">* 5/6/11 - title changed from "Wolf listed endangered - no longer managed" to "Wolves off ESA (all but WY), now can be managed" </span>

Re: Wolf listed endangered - no longer managed

Hunted Darby Mt two years ago and the wolves screwed the hunt for five days straight. Travesty at the least, the local hardware store litterally had hundreds of pics of wolf kills ranging from cattle to black bear sows and cubs with the majority being elk and mule deer. The town was litterally shutting down its entire outfitter business.

gees thats horrible man.im kinda a wierdo i guess cause when ive seen wolf packs in yellowstone or elswere i really think there an awsome animal and very much belong in the wilds.i like em but on the flip side we should be able to hunt the damn things.if the goverment dont let hunting happen soon the things are really gonna be bad though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gees thats horrible man.im kinda a wierdo i guess cause when ive seen wolf packs in yellowstone or elswere i really think there an awsome animal and very much belong in the wilds.i like em but on the flip side we should be able to hunt the damn things.if the goverment dont let hunting happen soon the things are really gonna be bad though. </div></div>

Wolves are an amazing predator but the Canadian wolf has ZERO business being in the lower 48 as it was never a native animal here. The wolf that was here did not suit the purpose of the evirocrazy groups so it was eliminated with the introduction of the non-native Canadian wolf. Our ecosystem can NOT handle such a top of the line predator as this and we can see the results. Unfortunately the native wolf will never be seen again, kinda sad!!

sss is the best invasive species management tool.

The truth behind the wolf plan was to eliminate hunting. That was the real purpose from the beginning.

Adding another un-managed predator to an area where the deer and elk herds are dwindling is bad enough. You ought to see what our local ranchers are having to contend with.

Not a big deal to our friends on the other side of the state though...you know, the ones with the votes? What's another few calves and fawns getting slaughtered or cattle family losing their income as long as our Portland/Salem/Eugene residents can come for a visit and hear a wolf howl.

Thank you for the comments all.

bigngreen, thank you for pointing out it is a different kind of wolf. Did some research and found a great link. Great info you can read or listen to is at:

http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2010/03...to-yellowstone/

Fanning says, "The Gray wolf is ironically enough, a human introduced invasive species. You see, the original wolf inhabiting the geography of the Park was a much smaller animal, the Rocky Mountain wolf or Canis lupus irremotus. The Canadian Gray Timber wolf, Canis lupus occidentalis, is also known as the Alaskan Tundra Wolf. It was introduced at significant cost to the U.S. taxpayer and is a super size predator with a rapacious appetite and lust for wanton killing – killing far in excess the number of ungulates (hoofed animals: deer, antelope, elk) claimed by authorities."

Man messing with nature usually doesn't work very well and this appears to be a solid example.

How can the Feds call it endangered when it did not live here in the first place?

It is the Canadian Gray Timber wolf, Canis lupus occidentalis, is also known as the Alaskan Tundra Wolf. Not the wolf everyone thinks it is - that one is gone forever.

We all get to watch what happens when hords of city slickers make decisions for the wilderness.

Seems a good lawyer could challenge the Feds on their mistake, win and get paid from deep pockets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The truth behind the wolf plan was to eliminate hunting. That was the real purpose from the beginning.
</div></div>

same deal with the lions here in california... bunch of BS!

The endangered species act has resulted in a multi-million(billion?) dollar business. Very few species have been delisted, it's a gravy train for eco-freaks and enviromental groups. As other posters have mentioned, the wolf introduction has been a mammoth mistake, as elk/moose/deer populations have been severely decimated. I like Idaho's approach telling the Fed's to eff-off, and directing their employees to NOT do any enforcement on wolf killings. I've hunted Montana and Idaho occasionally in the past, but will not return due to the substantial predation by wolves on big game herds. Unfortunately, with wolf packs established in Washington State, we will be in the same boat in the not too distant future... Good bye big game hunting.

Realized yesterday, wolves reproduce faster than other animals. Wolf females can get pregnant after six months old and the average size litter is 4-7 pups but can be as many as 14. This and more confirmed at:

http://www.alaska.net/~wolfsong/wolf_facts.html

Elk & deer, typically only have one a year and do not get pregnant until 18+ months. An adult wolf / cougar eats one deer a week and would rather eat an elk every 1.5 weeks. The basic math going forward does not look good for hunting in the USA.

So we have a non-native Alaska top of the food chain predator introduced to expand unchecked from Yellowstone in the lower 48. In chases, the wolf can achieve estimated speeds of between 28 and 40 miles per hour for up to 20 minutes.

It is hard to put a price on elk and deer loss in such a wide area all over the Western States. The wildlife will never be the same, for sure in my life maybe never.

What price should be put on the humans who die to the introduced wolf? Will be for the courts to decide (creating more government jobs).

Federal workers not doing anything when able to change the improper rule calling non-native introduced wolves 'endangered' from their safe government jobs with benefits while planning for retirements should ask themselves ...
<span style="font-weight: bold">
<span style="color: #FF0000">What do carnivores eat when there are no more easy elk & deer to kill?</span></span>

We will know.

Wolves are not not being managed now. Wolf issues are a hot topic, glad not here:

I hunted Elk last year between Packwood and Randle and talked to a hunter I have known for the last 3 or 4 years he told me he saw a wolf and that I could see the tracks up where he saw it. When I went to that spot I saw a lot of tracks in the snow. We do have wolves in Washington.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000">What do carnivores eat when there are no more easy elk & deer to kill?</span>[/b]</div></div>

Lead...

These little twerps need to be managed, we've had a couple of run-ins between local ranchers and a stray male wolf here lately, yes clear down here in Laramie. Pretty sure it has been handled, but there will be others.

Combine that with the two that have managed to get themselves down to Colorado and then got killed- which indicates that not only will they spread out geographically, but that they like to roam along the highways (scavenging? or just dumb luck?) and get hit by trucks on I-70. Whoops.

Funny how the eco freaks usually do more environmental harm than good: using fossil fuels to sail around and harass fishing vessels, dumping chemical pollution or committing arson to stop construction, and trying to play God by attempting to "help" nature decide what animals should live or die. Me thinks they should not meddle in things they know so very little about no matter how much it makes them feel good.

Just sayin'...

richieraby, yes it appears non-native introduced Alaska wolf ESA delisting is in process ... if the president signs and is expected to. From today:

Obama expected to sign budget bill containing wolf delisting measure:

http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_5090483a-66f9-11e0-9357-001cc4c03286.html

Federal Budget Passes House and Senate; Wolf ESA Delisting:

http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/arch...ing-is-attached

Wolf hunts may start up again soon in Western states.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do carnivores eat when there are no more easy elk & deer to kill?</div></div>

Your livestock, your pets, and when they are gone, your kids, misses and then you.

They should be shot on sight, no questions asked.

who else wants to shoot one of those 200 lb big suckers?
i'm thinking my 280AI will do the trick. do these require silver bullets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
They should be shot on sight, no questions asked. </div></div>

For what? Doing what they are designed to do?

They need to be managed, not indiscriminately killed, just like every other game animal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They need to be managed, not indiscriminately killed, just like every other game animal. </div></div>

Lol!

Hey eleaf,

Let's send some down your way in KY. Pretty sure the farmers around you would jump for joy.

We have too many of them now in MN. If and when they are delisted, I'm pretty sure they will be delisted... for doing what they were designed to do.

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

booya... I can't believe the GFP has let the PETA puffs hold the reigns this long... its kind of like the lion infestation in the black hills of SD, the elk herd is dwindling, hell... i've got a better herd in my irrigated corn than custer state park... elk and deer hunters, some bigtime hunting states main source of revenue is going down hill because of predators... well i got my lion tag, just waitin on the wolf tag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayman_10X</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They need to be managed, not indiscriminately killed, just like every other game animal. </div></div>

Lol!

Hey eleaf,

Let's send some down your way in KY. Pretty sure the farmers around you would jump for joy.

We have too many of them now in MN. If and when they are delisted, I'm pretty sure they will be delisted... for doing what they were designed to do.

Jason </div></div>

I'd gladly take wolves in KY, if there were proper game management to go along with it (just like anything else).

Even elk or other big game animals would become serious problems without proper game management (as elk have in KY - which was the impetus to have an EXTRA season for landowners this year in order to try and get them under better control).

The problem is not the animal (as you seem to suggest), but the government (as it is with most things). Wolves would not pose the problems to farmers/livestock etc as they do now if there were proper game management involved.

You can't blame wolves for what is a government problem.

So again, indiscriminate killing is not the answer; sane game management of wolves is.

This was the first time I have ever seen a picture of a wolf (large as it may be) in the arms of a dude to show the size comparison. I've only ever seen pics of them frolicking through the forest.
I'll tell you this right now.

FUCK THAT SHIT!

Fight or Flight would kick in extra quick if I ever came across something like this in the prairie of western South Dakota.

That makes coyote hunting look like shooting gold fish with a bb gun.

bigbadwolf.jpg

Maybe the feds can get this right and add these man-introduced never native wolves to the right governments lists where it belongs at:

http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/animals/main.shtml

More info about the kind of issue these wolves are is at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduced_species

In summary, man started the wolf problem by introducing a non-native species. Only few years ago. And already huge problems are well documented.

After extensive research since starting this thread, I've recently began to feel strongly these blood-thirsty fast-multiplying predators should be exterminated and not managed. I know it sounds extreme, but it should be done. Why did I change my mind? Because the more I looked into it the more I found about why was a bad idea to introduce the wrong kind of wolf here in the lower 48 in the first place.

Started out not caring either. Partly because wolves are not where I live in the big city of Portland, Oregon so not an issue to me. Out of sight out of mind. Initially felt wolves could be controlled by hunting then later found that assumption is wrong. Boy did I have my blinders on. There are more people not effected by wolves than those who know what is really happening. Taking the time to do research opened my eyes. The few people who have lived with the wolf so far do not have any good things to say. These wolves never here before and are very bad, in fact horrendous.

Extermination by shooting on sight without limit would attempt to allow redemption. Even if try to exterminate all wolves in coming years the elk and wildlife reductions will not recover in my lifetime, or the next generation, and may never. Elimination may not be possible by citizens with guns even if allowed to shoot on sight without limit as the wolf situation has already gotten out of hand.

Those who feel wolf extermination is the right move are only trying to fix this atrocious error.

Wolves are a huge mistake someone should pay for. Who made the decision to introduce them? Heads should roll if blame can be placed, someone goofed up big time. Who pays when these things eat people? They will. What price should we put on each human a wolf eats?

You can bet, that I would love to take down one or the whole pack for that matter. I just need an ANPVS-27, to mount on my LWRC REPR with Surefire can. A PMag hold 20 rounds!
These wolves are very destructive, make no mistake! JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because the more I looked into it the more I found about why was a bad idea to introduce this kind of wolf here in the lower 48 in the first place.

There are more people not effected by wolves than those who know what is really happening. Taking the time to do research opened my eyes. The few people who have lived with the wolf so far do not have any good things to say. These wolves never here before and are very bad, in fact horrendous.
</div></div>

Good on you to do research.

But your analysis is flawed in one aspect. Your research is centered around those who have lived with wolves with NO MANAGEMENT and complete protection. Right now, even if a farmer is witnessing a wolf kill his cattle, he can't legally do anything. Of course their determinations will be colored with bias born out of (rightful) frustration in their inability to help control their own surroundings.

There is vast difference between dealing with managed animals and those that aren't.

As I said before, even elk would prove to be troublesome if they weren't managed (and still do when they aren't properly managed).

All this is to say is that your conclusions are drawn with only part of the picture. You can't, with any intellectual honesty, make a determination about whether to manage or slaughter wolves without first seeing the effects of both situations.

I don't mean in any way to diminish the effects of unmanaged wolves and the damage they have caused, but, as with every other game species, it is better to engage in sane game management which will mitigate their negative effects, and if an open season with no bag limit is the best course of action, then so be it. But to immediately jump to that conclusion is erroneous and based on emotion, not smart wildlife management.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good on you to do research.

But your analysis is flawed in one aspect. Your research is centered around those who have lived with wolves with NO MANAGEMENT and complete protection. Right now, even if a farmer is witnessing a wolf kill his cattle, he can't legally do anything. Of course their determinations will be colored with bias born out of (rightful) frustration in their inability to help control their own surroundings.

There is vast difference between dealing with managed animals and those that aren't.

As I said before, even elk would prove to be troublesome if they weren't managed (and still do when they aren't properly managed).

All this is to say is that your conclusions are drawn with only part of the picture. You can't, with any intellectual honesty, make a determination about whether to manage or slaughter wolves without first seeing the effects of both situations.

I don't mean in any way to diminish the effects of unmanaged wolves and the damage they have caused, but, as with every other game species, it is better to engage in sane game management which will mitigate their negative effects, and if an open season with no bag limit is the best course of action, then so be it. But to immediately jump to that conclusion is erroneous and based on emotion, not smart wildlife management. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF6600">eleaf, What part of man-introduced not-native invasive do you not understand? </span> </span> Maybe you should dig in a bit more. I feel you are uninformed as I once was. If you put in the effort to explore further, possibly you will also become enlightened.

Happy here to agree to disagree - especially with those who do not take the time to look into the real-world facts. Have done my best to share research, possibly you didn't read the links to further information provided above so may want to check it out. You can lead a horse to water, but ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can lead a horse to water, but ... </div></div>
... you better not leave him tied up in Idaho or the wolves will tear him apart while you're pondering if he's thirsty or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd gladly take wolves in KY, if there were proper game management to go along with it (just like anything else).</div></div>

How bout lions. Not cougars or mountain lions...but LIONS? Or hyenas or Kodiak bear, what about the flippin chupacabra?

The point is...these wolves were never part of this habitat. They don't belong there, and because they are an outside species, they have shifted the balance of the animals that are native to that area.
They've (people) have essentially sent in trained, organized warriors built for battle, into a combat zone against vegetarians armed with sticks.

Some African game animals have been brought to Texas to offer up as trophy hunts, and that's all fine and dandy. It's easy to manage a fenced herbivore. If the natural predators of those same African trophy critters were brought right along with it...what do you think would happen to the native animals of Texas? Managed or not, the native animals don't stand a chance in hell.

You're right, they do need to be managed. Last I checked, eradication of an invasive species is perfectly justifiable management.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They need to be managed, not indiscriminately killed, just like every other game animal</div></div>

Spoken like someone who dosn't know any thing about it. The kill for pleasure, not just to eat. The raise hell with game animnals, live stock. And pets. When they are gone it will be kids.

They have no useful purpose what so ever except for people who don't know a damn thing about them.

You'll have a differant attitude when you run across one of your cows or horses mauled while they are helpless giving birth.

Wait until you have to tell your grandaughter her horse had to be put down because it was hamstrung.

Again, they should all be shot on sight. If they have tracking collors cut it off and throw it into a coal train, let the whackos track it all they want.

Non native species have no place in the eco system just as asian carp in ill. river need to be killed at all cost. These wolves have been shot in Sd in just the last few months they found to dead ones and cant get any leads on who shot them. Last year there were 2 spotted in the river hills just to the west of mobridge and the trail of dead animals they left was amazing they all need to be killed and killed now.

Again, they should all be shot on sight. If they have tracking collors cut it off and throw it into a coal train, let the whackos track it all they want. </div></div>

now thats one of the best damn ideas i'll hear all day!!!

Wolves, I kill them all.
Another fucked up Government plan. (Save the wolves my ass)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... eradication of an invasive species is perfectly justifiable management.</div></div>
+1, not only justifiable but needed.

They should be treated like coyotes (open season no limit) if they step off the Fed lands. If they want them in the parks fine but once off it should be open season.

Killem all!

I've seen a wolf twice here in UT and both times it was from far off and both times I was amazed at how big they were and how easily they handled the deep snow.

Both times that I saw them, upon learning that we had seen a wolf, the land owners were pissed and more than ready and willing to go out looking for the wolves.

I'd venture to guess that unless those wolves got the hell way off the land, they're piles of bones by now.

Every time I go up to Idaho to visit family, I hear people who make a living off their land and animals get very real about what these wolves are doing and from what I can tell, those that don't have land and/or livestock with a wolf problem, don't really grasp the situation. The relationship isn't like the rosy one Kevin Costner pretended to have with the wolf in Dances with Wolves.

These wolves kill everything. It'd be interesting to look at the what the numbers decline is of moose and elk in Yellowstone thanks to this "beautifully graceful & majestic" murderous, disease carrying, worthless pieces of shit.

They should issue tags to generate some revenue but if they really want them gone let some of them coonasses go down there we shoot it then we ask if we can eat it!!

The only idiots that want wolves in their state(s) are the ones that don't have to live with them. Hopefully, you'll get your wish and have wolves "reintroduced" in your neck of the woods. Then you'll be singing a different tune. Remember the saying, be careful what you wish for....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These wolves kill everything. It'd be interesting to look at the what the numbers decline is of moose and elk in Yellowstone thanks to this "beautifully graceful & majestic" murderous, disease carrying, worthless pieces of shit. </div></div>
Found two sources for you about the number of elk decline in Yellowstone...

Source 1 says, "The Yellowstone Elk Herd has gone from 20,000 to 6,500. The Gallatin Valley herd in Montana has gone from 1,500 to 200 in just 3 years. The Lolo Idaho elk herd has gone from 12,000 to 2,000." at:
http://wolfclash.com/2010/02/05/randy-bu...ts-and-hunters/

Source 2 says, "the Northern Yellowstone Elk herd, which at its peak shortly before the Gray Wolf introduction, numbered 20,000 animals. The size of that herd is now less than 5,000. . . if that." at:
http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2010/03...to-yellowstone/

The wolves are hammering the elk. Have not seen any numbers on deer, moose, etc. And the wolves eat them also. They are blood thirsty killers who eat anything that moves they can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter530</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only idiots that want wolves in their state(s) are the ones that don't have to live with them. Hopefully, you'll get your wish and have wolves "reintroduced" in your neck of the woods. Then you'll be singing a different tune. Remember the saying, be careful what you wish for.... </div></div>

I agree 100%. Our ranch offers free room and board to wolf (Hippies) activists. After the 10th mangled cow / calf carcass, they start to sing a different tune. They still are pro wolf, but at least a more open dialog comes out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was the first time I have ever seen a picture of a wolf (large as it may be) in the arms of a dude to show the size comparison. I've only ever seen pics of them frolicking through the forest.

FUCK THAT SHIT!

Fight or Flight would kick in extra quick if I ever came across something like this in the prairie of western South Dakota.

bigbadwolf.jpg
</div></div>

HOLY. FUCK.

Maybe they could introduce them to Central Park. Maybe we could use them to thin the liberal herd around here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BronxFireGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Maybe they could introduce them to Central Park. Maybe we could use them to thin the liberal herd around here. </div></div>

That's the best plan. Trap them and release them in the following cities: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, New York, Chicago, Boston, Denver. Any other suggestions?

It would make a great scene for a movie like "Fight Club". Bunch of redneck trucks pouring into the cities and releasing wolves into the city parks.

bigbadwolf.jpg

Not a photo trick. An Idaho friend who got me fired up about wolves tells me he saw this big black wolf when alive. from a distance when it blocked traffic crossing a highway right in front of an RV that hit the brakes. He can be trusted as a hunter, country boy, bush pilot, and works in the woods for the government. When saw this the first time thought he was pulling my leg. Tells me the 200ish pound black looked bigger than any normal dog huge and was amazingly fast while agile. Scary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BronxFireGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Maybe they could introduce them to Central Park. Maybe we could use them to thin the liberal herd around here. </div></div>

That's the best plan. Trap them and release them in the following cities: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, New York, Chicago, Boston, Denver. Any other suggestions?

It would make a great scene for a movie like "Fight Club". Bunch of redneck trucks pouring into the cities and releasing wolves into the city parks. </div></div>

Insert Minneapolis too. PBinWA, you're making too much sense.

Jason

Re: Wolves off ESA (all except WY), now can be managed

Good news yesterday. Congress has never before delisted species from the Endangered Species Act list - and did so this time! Some seem to understand the wolves are a unique problem requiring special solutions. On Thursday the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officially re-published a 2009 rule removing the gray wolf’s federal protection under the Endangered Species Act in most states of the Northern Rockies.

Wolves can now be managed in all states except WY:

Gray wolf ‘de-listed’ from federal protection in Northern Rockies, environmental groups sue

<a href="http://www.pinedaleroundup.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=2013" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Wolves delisted in the Norther Rockies, except for Wyoming
</a>
Wolves remain on the endangered species list in Wyoming, as the State and the USFWS haven’t come to an agreement on a wolf management plan. For years, Wyoming’s proposed plan has given the wolf trophy status in the Yellowstone National Park area; at the same time, the plan considered the animal a predator that could be shot on sight outside the National Park.

The re-issued rule was immediately challenged in court by three environmental groups. The groups claim that the rule, mandated by an April budget rider, is unconstitutional because “it specifically repeals a judicial decision,” rather than merely amending the Endangered Species Act.

Those who start court action then loose should have to pay all court costs for both sides then maybe they would look into things better before creating fraudulent court cases that bog the system down costing tax payers.

I wonder what will have to be done to just get the darn wolves eradicated again. For those of you that don't live in wolf country, it's no different than an evasive plant species that ruin crops. I don't know how many times these people have to say this THESE WOLVES ARE NOT INDIGENOUS! They do not belong in this country, other critters cannot co-exist with them.

On paper it might sound feasible to introduce such a fierce predator, but trust me these fellas kill just to kill. At least cougars eat most of everything, then yotes or bears clean it up along with the crows and the eagles. I know it wont ever happen but something needs to be done about the eagles. At the moment this calving season were having a tougher time with the darn eagles killing them, and they don't fly off if you shoot in the air. Last year we had the same problem with the Bald Buzzards too.

About the photo with the wolf and the person who says his friend in Idaho saw it... I'm calling BS. This photo has been all over the internet since '09 at least. Google it. It's been claimed to have been taken in several places in Canada, Montana and Idaho. The picture is a fake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BronxFireGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was the first time I have ever seen a picture of a wolf (large as it may be) in the arms of a dude to show the size comparison. I've only ever seen pics of them frolicking through the forest.

FUCK THAT SHIT!

bigbadwolf.jpg
</div></div>

HOLY. FUCK.

Maybe they could introduce them to Central Park. Maybe we could use them to thin the liberal herd around here.</div></div>

Now your talking!!!!

And HOLY SHIT, imagine this thing stalking you..... No thanks..