• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Won a 1903A4 at acution

S12A

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Australia
Won this one on the weekend, only thing i can see needing attention is the windage screws on the rear rings.
Pretty excited, wanted one for a long time, don't see them often around here.

auction.JPG

12.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg
9.jpg
7.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 59
I agree with the others, it looks totally legit and esp nice with that vintage M82 scope. Even the turret caps have the military part number. Neat.
I also agree the only thing that I might consider changing is the scope base adjustment screws..but given the patina on that rifle it's possible an Army sniper installed those nuts on the base a long time ago, and I might leave that alone too. It's a tough call. The blued bands and other small parts suggest that rifle is still in its WWII configuration and not rebuilt after WWII - at least based on what I can see in the pics. Congrats on that nice M1903A4.

Very cool! How is the bore and crown? Please post a range report when you get around to shooting it!

Can you post pictures of both side of the scope mount. I have one just like it.

Can you post pictures of both side of the scope mount. I have one just like it.
Hope these help, I don’t have it in hand yet

Attachments

• 5BABD31E-1247-4018-A44F-A6C6D5DF3DDE.jpeg
    5BABD31E-1247-4018-A44F-A6C6D5DF3DDE.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 44
  • B6579F92-0B6A-4153-8E26-85DF47DBD638.jpeg
    B6579F92-0B6A-4153-8E26-85DF47DBD638.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Jrb572
Very cool! How is the bore and crown? Please post a range report when you get around to shooting it!
I’ll do that for sure, don’t have the rifle yet waiting to pick up next week. Can’t wait.

Reactions: jbell
Check out gunbords, those guys eat and breathe this stuff. If you have a question you will find an answer there. Good guys on there.

I replaced those windage screws on the mount with some off a Leupold base set I had as they work, but obviously the real thing will be much better !