• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Wonder Optics Update

Grump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2008
So. Utah
The Gen 4 WoTac scopes are expected to arrive in 2-3 weeks.

The 10X will be mil/mil.

The 4-14 SFP will remain 1/4 MOA clicks, but is changing to 1/2-mil in the small tic marks at 10X, or IPHY 2" between the same small tics at 9X. For my ranging head, I'll probably use my target size in inches and range at 9x. I try to do it with various versions of + or - about 5% (1.047 just doesn't work in my head-calculations) for a true MOA reticle, but I'm running into an old dog/new tricks problem.

By my math, if the clicks are true MOA, the reticle will be true MOA accurate at about 8.6X. I've found that I *can* usually fudge +/- 5% when doing holdovers...so it would be a toss-up for me on whether to dial in, to holdover IPHY on the reticle, or to holdover true MOA at 8.whateverX (to be marked when mine arrives).

Re: Wonder Optics Update

Heard from Matt W. this morning.

Apparently, some parts were delayed and didn't come in until late last week. I *believe* they are working like crazy now to properly assemble all the components.

Expect an e-mail the end of next week.