• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Wonder Woman

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
NO SPOILERS BELOW

---------

DC sucks. They can rarely seem to get their stuff together.

They took a beautiful actress, classic story line, a budget of $120 million... and turned it into a snoozefest.

Clearly a lot of $$$, time, and attention went into this film. Nevertheless it felt glued together, inorganic, and strained.

I liked Batman v Superman, but WW fell short. Hopefully Justice League is better.

Ben Affleck wasn't my first choice for Batman, but I think he's pulling it off well.

Gal Gadot was too skinny to be WW, but for the current movie, she put on some muscle and a lot of fat. Her face looks bloated, and she looks uncomfortable in her skin.

She would have been better off her normal skinny weight and look rather than looking like she's been living on weight gainer bars. Overall, she's OK for the role, but she brings little as an actress to the role that isn't given to her as a direction.

In terms of looks, I would've casted someone more like Jamie Alexander (Lady Sif from the Marvel Thor movies), but I don't know how good an actress she is based on her Sif role.

Pine was okay, but he was better in Star Trek.

All of the characters were fairly two dimensional with little to make you care more for them beyond what was necessary excepting maybe the Irish guy.

Watching WW made me want to watch the upcoming Dunkirk movie; can't articulate why.

Overall grade B-

Worth watching if you're a WW fan, skip if you're not.

Redbox, yes.

Theater, no.

FWIW, she was pregnant during much of the filming (gave birth in Feb), which would explain a bit of the puffiness

Oh... that also explains why she looked so uncomfortable in general. I'm surprised they allowed for it, didn't delay the filming.

She was so much smoother, agile, athletic in the Supes v Bats movie when she was thinner... I'm not even talking about the stunt doubles (I used to be a stuntman decades ago btw).

I'm not a WW fan but as long as they aren't trying to copy marvels slap happy technique they're using with the avengers films and most of the spin offs i'm okay with it. The directors cut of Dawn of Justice is a solid movie. Much more exposition that fills in some plot holes. I can give marvel credit where credit due, Deadpool, Logan, and Civil War were all great. The avengers is terribad to me. I like that DC tries a to be a little more grounded and dark, hopefully that stays with the Justice League.

Thought the first two thirds were fun ... the DC beast reared it's ugly head in the end though, with over-done CGI battle of the boring-big-things what seemed like the last 6 hours of the movie. Mostly boring camera work, but the color was better in this one than the other DC movies.

I usually go to the movies to entertained not to be a critic. I was entertained - you should be too. Surprised how little Gal was paid - she WUZ robbed.

The only superhero movie my wife has ever gone to see with me. It was entertaining and it was awesome to see such a strong female lead.