• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wonderful People

raptor99

Minuteman
Oct 18, 2005
Pierre SD
Guys I just wanted to share with you something that is going on in our town. I live in Pierre SD and we are about to be flooded.

We will loose a lot of homes in Pierre an Ft Pierre and there will be over 2500 people without homes or places to stay for several months.

My wife and I are safe but friends are loosing there homes. I just wanted to say how wonderful people are in a time of need. We have opene are home and are helping a family move and were overwellmed by it all. When a church group of young men and women showed up with their own equiptment from over a hundred miles away and filled and carried sand bags till dark.

In another instance a boy scout troop passed on a camping trip to fill sand bags all weekend. All I can say is GOD BLESS GOOD AMERICAN PEOPLE. I wish I could thank each and everyone personally. We are lucky to live in such a great area.

Re: Wonderful People

We witnessed the same selfless sacrifice in the aftermath of the tornadoes that tore through our area recently. People rose up and gave whatever they could, including time, sweat, tears, and sore muscles, to help out wherever needed.

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raptor99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I just wanted to share with you something that is going on in our town. I live in Pierre SD and we are about to be flooded.

We will loose a lot of homes in Pierre an Ft Pierre and there will be over 2500 people without homes or places to stay for several months.

My wife and I are safe but friends are loosing there homes. I just wanted to say how wonderful people are in a time of need. We have opene are home and are helping a family move and were overwellmed by it all. When a church group of young men and women showed up with their own equiptment from over a hundred miles away and filled and carried sand bags till dark.

In another instance a boy scout troop passed on a camping trip to fill sand bags all weekend. All I can say is GOD BLESS GOOD AMERICAN PEOPLE. I wish I could thank each and everyone personally. We are lucky to live in such a great area. </div></div>

Sorry to hear that Raptor, is this a result of them opening up the Garrison Dam?

Great to hear your neighbours whom you dont know and live hours away come to be a true neighbour and lend you all a hand -Gives you hope in man kind .

We in New Zealand recently suffered some disasters in our south Island -I watched TV in the north island as an army of students turned up week after week unpaid to shovel the liquifaction into piles to be trucked away from ruined neighbourhoods .
Its a better place our world when we work togeather for the good of each other

I was in Ft. Pierre sunday filling sandbags. I live 3 hours from there and was going to shoot some prairie dogs but thought filling bags was more important. I can always shoot pd's some other time.

The flooding is going to be the result of a 10 to 15"s of rain that has occured up in Montana and Wyoming in the last month.(Plus we had a lot of snow and rain locally too.) Then the spring thaw will start in June and July and they have over 8ft of snow up there to melt and run off. Plus ND has flooding and a lot of that will come through this dam.

The main problem is the Corp of Eng. has mishandled the whole thing. The powers to be around here have been asking them since Jan. to start dumping water but I guess the head duck in Omaha Neb. said "NO" so now we have this mess.

Dakotashooter,
You are and example of the kindof people I am taking about. We have had fisherman from outofstate show up to fish but parked their boats to help sandbag and move people. Things like this bring out the best and sometimes the worst in people. But thank god its mostly the best in people that we see here.