• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Wondering if anyone can tell me something about

LSandBinc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2004
Westmoreland County, Pa.
this machette. Dad was in the Korean War stationed in the Phillipeans. After he passed mom found it said he told her he brought it back from the war. That is all I know about it. Here are a few pics.
Machette009.jpg

Machette003.jpg

Machette006.jpg

Machette007.jpg

Re: Wondering if anyone can tell me something about

reminds me of some examples made by Robert Mole & Son. no markings on the blade?

I can tell you one thing about. It's cool as hell. Being that it was your dad's I'd probably say that it's priceless. I lost my dad this past Thanksgiving and I can't bring myself to part with any of his stuff.

Looks to me like something from the British Virgin Islands considering the sheath is marked Trinidad, which, as I recall, was a British Territory. Agree with above, it's cool as hell. It seems to me like it was a purpose built tool from looking at it, maybe for coconuts originally?

As the previous poster said about the sheath, Trinidad BWI is Trinidad-Tabago and BWI stands for British West Indies. Its an island in the mid-Atlantic off the Central American coast. I've been to the island 2 times for work. It's as the BWI stands for. The people are mostly of Indian culture with British ties. That machete may be from Korea but brought there by someone from another land. Good luck in your search.

Wheeew, I thought you were gonna ask if I could tell you about the birds and the bees and I was thinking, I just don't want to have this conversation yet.

Seriously, that Machette is a bit on the scary side, just because anyone who takes that much pride in a machette was probably pretty good with it. I'd reckon that thing has a violent history