• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Wonders optics vs. Falcon Menace?

ceross1975

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Keller, Texas
www.rossgunworks.com
This may already have been done, but after a search I could not find it. Has anyone done a side by side comparison of theses scopes? I have read several threads on both scopes but none where they are tested against each other. Currently shoot much more expensive optics but would be interested in trying these on a budget build. It seems that the common opinion around here is why go budget? I can appreciate the fact you get what you pay for, but I know there are those that want to do a build but have a budget they HAVE to stick to. All that being said I would like to hear any comparisons or even test theses if anyone would be willing to do that. Obviously, I am fairly new here so I don't expect anyone to offer up free scopes for field testing. Would love to do a report on them though. Hopefully we can get a little feedback on these scopes. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Re: Wonders optics vs. Falcon Menace?

I've been wondering the same thing too, and I'll be needing a new scope shortly. I've heard good things about both, but don't know which to go with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falcon over Wonder anytime. </div></div>

Then we can assume you have done a side by side comparision.....imo the wonder optic is a pretty good scope for the money,tracks good,holds zero good.has plenty of adjustment.Its also not a bad looking scope.
My only complaint is the adjustment is a little mushy.the scope i am talking about is the gen.2.I cant say how the gen 3 is.
Matt the owner at wonder optics has addresed all these issues on the new gen 4 that is due to be out in a few weeks.I for one am going to give it a shot.My comparision is going to be with the new variable super sniper that i just received today.........As far as the falcon goes i have never owned one so i cant and wont comment on a optic i know nothing about.......just my .02

Sgt Ross, I wondered the same thing. I would like to see a side by side comparison of the scopes. I always wonder about new products. Don't like to try something until the bugs are worked out. Manufactures might sell more products if they are willing to do test and show results.

I have sent an email to a vendor asking them to provide both scopes to do a head to head comparison. I will test both optics on three calibers 338 Lapua, 308 Win and 223 Rem. Personal range out to 1k. These will be all encompassing test completely unbiased. I will post again once I hear back from the vendor. Looking forward to this test, even if I have to fund it myself.

After a few days of side by side comparison between two new scopes (in various situations,conditions & hundreds of rounds using both) a leupold Mk4 4.5 14 50 and a falcon menace 4 14 44, I no longer have the Mk4.
Time will tell..... if this falcon lasts mechanically, if the glass survives winter without going foggy internally and if it survives being dropped at some point in time. So far, it has done everything else the same or better, with the added convenience of matching reticle/adjustments, ffp that doesn't get to big or to small and it freed up $800 that paid for the aics I wanted.

RC2125, that's good to hear, and makes me want one even more now.

I've been leaning towards the Falcon 4-14 for awhile now, but just haven't bit the bullet on one yet. Once my build is finished the Nighforce is going on it, and this would go on my sps. I imagine it will be a pretty big change, but I'm sure it wouldn't take long for me to get used to it. This would also be my first FFP experience.

SGT ROSS thanks for the reply. I have been looking at the Falcon and saw other post on the Wonder. Pics and post I've seen sure do look interesting. Would be interested in test results. If purchased I would be putting Scope on .308

Thanks

RC2125 At the price of the MK 4 you could buy 2 Falcons. I am just scared to buy something that doesn't have a proven track record. Your test and post make me want to try one bad .

Thanks for the info