• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woo-Hoo!! The Fedex Fairy has arrived!

Da-Law-Dawg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2008
Russell Springs, KY
Well, the Fedex Fairy arrived and dropped off my rig! Started life as a bone-stock Remington 700P and after a trip to Mark Lammers of LOSOK Custom Arms, she's came back "tuned up" and ready to go! Looking forward to getting you guys a range report in the very near future!

700P01.jpg

700P03.jpg

Here's the skinny on her......

1.Remington 700P barreled action- New In Box. Rifle purchased new from Kiesler’s Police Supply, Jeffersonville, IN. Factory stock and bottom metal removed and sold.

2.Barreled action work- factory 700P barrel shortened to 20”, re-crowned and threaded for Badger FTE muzzle break, Badger FTE purchased from Triad Tactical. Shoulder and breech face set back and chamber cut to match specs. Barreled action reparkerized after work. All barrel/receiver work performed by Mark Lammers of LOSOK Custom Arms.

3.Stock/stock work- McMillan A3 stock, New In Box. Heavy fill, molded in marble color (50% light tan, 25% medium tan and 25% black) with factory heavy barrel channel and factory BDL bottom metal inlet. Stock purchased from Sniper Hide member “Chris Snow”. BDL bottom metal inlet opened up for CDI Precision DBM system, stock opened up for aluminum pillars and pillars supplied by Manner Composite Stocks via LOSOK Custom Arms. Stock work and bedding performed by Mark Lammers of LOSOK Custom Arms.

4.Magazine system- CDI Precision DBM System with 2 AI magazines (5 and 10 round). CDI DBM System and magazines purchased from CDI Precision.

5.Trigger- Factory X-Mark trigger replaced with older Remington OEM trigger. Trigger cleaned, de-burred, honed, adjusted to 3 lb. and sealed with older flat safety lever installed. Trigger purchased from and reworked by Sniper Hide member “DANS40X”.

6.Optics- Leupold #51850 LRT/M3 3.5x10x40, ¾ mil-dot reticle, factory marked (Leupold) Butler Creek flip up covers. Optics purchased from M14TFL.com member “Lexington”. TPS alloy low 30mm rings, rings purchased from Brownells. Optics installed on EGW 15 MOA rail, rail purchased from EGW.

Re: Woo-Hoo!! The Fedex Fairy has arrived!

Ahhhhhh ha!

I had to be an ass!!!! You will love the A3...I was worried about it at first and holding it without the barreled action in it but with it all together....yeah buddy!!!

Nice.....you might throw the prices you paid for it all up as well so beginners can see that semi-custom work isn't out of reach! If you sell it later just go back and edit the total value up a little!!
whistle.gif

Nice! Buuuut, if someone brings me a rifle like that, I'm not gonna call him a fairy......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Nice.....you might throw the prices you paid for it all up as well so beginners can see that semi-custom work isn't out of reach! If you sell it later just go back and edit the total value up a little!!
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Good idea dontstrokeme! Never thought of that and always willing to help out where I can. For those looking to do a semi-custom build, here's the specs on my rig from the "wallet side" of it.....

1.700P, New in Box- Right at $800

2.Stock- $615

3.Bottom metal assy.- $350

4.Trigger- $100

5.Badger FTE break- $150

6.Optics- $990 (complete with rings and rail)

7.Kit- $325 (stock pack, sling, bipod and drag bag)

8.Work- $350 (barrel and stock work)

For those that wonder, yes, this will be my dedicated work platform. Thanks for the comments guys!

nice rig! way to represent the KY!

Come shoot LR with us sometime if you want! PM me for info
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Da-Law-Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

For those that wonder, yes, this will be my dedicated work platform. Thanks for the comments guys! </div></div>

oh... so that sweet stick is tax deductable..
grin.gif

Sweet looking stick! Let us know how it shoots!

Mark has done some outstanding work for me. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris Snow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking stock!!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Chris,

Thought that stock might look familiar!!
wink.gif

Thanks for all the compliments guys and looking forward to a trip to the range and gettin' you guys a report!

Damn, that is a beautiful rifle bro. I am officially jealous.
smile.gif

Thanks for the price run down on all the mods and parts too.

Hey Dawg, I'm glad it's there and you are happy. I was actually at Mark's when you were talking to Lynne looking for the FedEx guy. Beautiful rifle man, I'm sure it will shoot very well.

Thanks 'Mac,

When you talk to Mark again, tell him I said "Thanks" and couldn't be happier! Top-notch guy for sure!

Curious about the big ass break. Look great on there. Bet you can watch the bullet impact. Let us know how well it works. Been wanting to try one of those.

when are you going to shoot it and give us a rundown?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Curious about the big ass break. Look great on there. Bet you can watch the bullet impact. Let us know how well it works. Been wanting to try one of those. </div></div>

Hydro,

Went with the FTE due to the fact that you can null out enough recoil to observe the impact thru your glass. Thanks for the compliments guys! If the weather clears up here in my AO, gonna get her to the range the first of the week on my RDO. Will get you guys a range report ASAP!

Beautiful platform. Get us a range report.