• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOO HOO..think I found my .223 load (pics)

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Well....the wind was much calmer today so I took a bunch of my latest reloads out and shot Five, 5 shot groups at 100yrds. I am pretty happy with them. Not going to change anything at this time.

Here is what I ended up:

Black Hills "red box" fired brass FL sized (I have two AR's and like to grab ammo and go) and trimmed
Hornady 50gr Vmax bullets
CCI primers
24.8 Ramshot TAC
COAL 2.250"

Best group of the bunch is .271 and worst was .567 and that one I screwed up and pulled one.

As it started warming up the wind started picking up...5-7 mph I am guess. Luckily there is a bunch of weeds so I used them to dope the wind.

Say what you will about Tikka...but for a $450 rifle they sure do shoot!

Thank you to all of you who gave me advice....now I need to start working on my .243 load....and then .308. Does it ever stop!?!?!

Take care,Stan

Re: WOO HOO..think I found my .223 load (pics)

Awesome man! Congrats! I know that you've been tormented trying to get this guy down
smile.gif

What did you do different on these loads?

Thanks guys. I just seated the bullets down to 2.250 COAL (same as factory Black Hills 50gr Vmax ammo) and called it good. Guess they know what they are doing.
I left the charge at 24.8 gns. If I ever get bored I will try playing with the 26.1 load that looks promising. But for now I am calling it good.

Take care,Stan

Good job.

Now you will not have an excuse not to hit them coy dogs anywhere but in the EYE!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halfnutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good job.

Now you will not have an excuse not to hit them coy dogs anywhere but in the EYE!
wink.gif
</div></div>

LOL...well I am not to proud to admit that my groups go from 1/2" to 1 1/2 - 2" ones when I am shooting off of shooting sticks at a yote. I aim for the chest and do not try anything fancy.

Take care,Stan

Real nice groups...especially from a factory rifle!

Stan, why are you spending time loading and shooting? You are supposed to be posting in the "girlfriend" pic thread!!
wink.gif

We got to have priorities!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent job. Nice ride as well. </div></div>

Frankly, I figured you as more of a truck man Stan...

Nicely done in spite of your vehicle, which is nice... for a car...
grin.gif

I love that target. Clears up a lot of mystery in my shooting. Lowlight's later targets are extremely challenging but I use that one most often.

Whats wrong with my car??
frown.gif
I like to roll in style and comfort....ok...I do have a truck too..but it is old...'68 GMC short/wide box....and Amber has a Chevy Tracker for when I am bust'in yotes,etc., and need 4 wheel drive.

Take care,Stan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats wrong with my car?? I like to roll in style and comfort </div></div>

Nothing at all. Ironically, it is one of the few things you've posted that did not inspire envy or other biblically proscribed motivations!
wink.gif

I guess I'm a repressed auto-phobe.

LOL...too funny...me motivate envy?? Now thats a first. Outside of my wife, there is not much about my life worth envying.

I like cars too....but never spent a lot of money on one until my Chrysler. Bought it new with pretty much every option I could get. It is a nice traveling car and I only buy cars that I can pay for...I do not take loans for automobiles.

I guess my one "bragging" car would be a 1969 Firebird 400. It was all restored and had the original 400 replaced with a built 455. Beautiful car....sold it a few years ago as it was just for car shows,etc.

Take care,Stan

great targets alway wondered about those tikkas