• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOOD

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Almost finished. Wrapping up the metal stuff now.

Tiger Myrtle wood.

235955795_1853387261507347_6138521447096034397_n.jpg

236128932_1853387221507351_3347887131687985252_n.jpg

239306683_1853387081507365_2499302475484030886_n.jpg

239540028_1853387181507355_2530085819218450134_n.jpg
    239541461_1853386958174044_3519601971536666997_n (1).jpg

Yep, very nice fine line bordering checkering and a hell of a hunk of wood.

Can you say who the stock smith is?

well if i can say it that's some dam pretty wood your both going to have fine looking guns did you do all the stippling your self ?that must have taken a while but it looks great . Oh and if you ever need someone to pass either of those guns down to 0/ Id like it to be me lol

Chad Dixon (along with his boss Kalli) is Long Rifles Inc.

He has done this before.
    Made an amazing one that is modeled off the Manners T4A for the Hide Cup years back.
    custom engraved butt plate, pre-preg carbon fiber bedding.

Dang near as sexy as Selma Hayek there @LongRifles Inc.

Chad Dixon (along with his boss Kalli) is Long Rifles Inc.

He has done this before.
    Made an amazing one that is modeled off the Manners T4A for the Hide Cup years back.
    custom engraved butt plate, pre-preg carbon fiber bedding.

Dang near as sexy as Selma Hayek there @LongRifles Inc.
    Ah, didn’t know Chad did wood as well as metal.

it’s a beautiful stock and again, fabulous checkering that indeed looks borderless in the one pic where I can see it.

Borderless checkering is like doing the high wire act without a safety net. One little fuck up and is fucked. It’s quite hard to do and that kind of checkering is often a specific specialty profession.

thanks.

Hoping Mr Dixon will weigh back in.

In the past, he made the stock.

I believe he has someone from outside do the checkering.
    Dakota Arms is in Sturgis and still (last I knew) did all hand checkering.

Either way, its amazing.

Reactions: Baron23

Either way, its amazing.
    Thanks. Not looking to poke Chad in the eye, but if ever looking for absolutely exquisite checkering, check out John Reese of MT.

This is an example of his work on a project shotgun I had done about 10-15 years ago.

233D6A69-5604-4F44-B121-C5184D79807E.jpeg

The customer supplied the blank. I'm not sure who did the duplicating. Fitting work was done in house. Checkering and finish work was done by an old friend, Jesse Kauffman. Guild level Engraver and stock checkering madman. :)

Either way, its amazing.

Dakota Arms is no more. That company is squashed since the Remmy BR. It is being "reborn" as we speak under a new name. Hopefully, they can make it work.

• Sad
    Reactions: powdahound76
    Ah, didn’t know Chad did wood as well as metal.

it’s a beautiful stock and again, fabulous checkering that indeed looks borderless in the one pic where I can see it.

Borderless checkering is like doing the high wire act without a safety net. One little fuck up and is fucked. It’s quite hard to do and that kind of checkering is often a specific specialty profession.

thanks.

Jesse Kauffman. A very old and dear friend did the checkering. This is an M40 he just wrapped up. We did all the blueprinting and fitment, he did the hard stuff. :)

Reactions: Baron23
    Having just finished my first stock ever I can relate to just how much work this was! And I bet the wood looks even nicer in real life than on those pictures!

And I'm a sucker for nice wood(*) - so this is awesome x2!

(*): so much that I bought my swedisch Mauser purely based on the wood

@LongRifles Inc. - Correct me if I am wrong and you did do the duplication on that walnut SH Cup rifle a few years ago, right?

Perhaps my brain has even more shrinkage than my dinky.
    Which aint good!!🤣

Awesome stuff either way!

I know a guy eagerly anticipating an LRI wood build....

Reactions: camocorvette
    I'm waiting for an update on your rifle too haha.
    I just went through that thread again and the craftsmanship is top notch. They must be busy though, I'm waiting on an email back.

I'm waiting for an update on your rifle too haha.
    I just went through that thread again and the craftsmanship is top notch. They must be busy though, I'm waiting on an email back.

Email has always been something I struggle with. My wife (Kalli) is a superhero most of the time but the pace around here lately keeps her rear end stuck in the shipping department for the bulk of the day. I'm chipping through a mess of em right now though. :)

Gorgeous precision rifles and parts stacked like cordwood is what I picture... I'm in no hurry. There's a mess of people ahead of me.

I think we all appreciate when you stop what your doing and post pictures and knowledge. Keep rocking!

Reactions: Tchitcherine