• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wool Outdoor Cargo Pants?

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
Yes, I did all the searches but still haven't found the answer.

I need Wool Outdoor (not dress) Cargo pants for hunting. I'm not skinny enough to fit into the old Swiss army surplus pants so is there any company out there currently making similar type of pants in larger sizes?

I saw one guy at the range wearing some that looked almost identical to the Swiss pants (almost exact same color and pocket style) but in larger size. The guy said they were from some outfit (or made in?) Utah. I swear the guy said the company's name was "Lewis" -or- "Louis" and something (Stephens? Stevenson?) something like that.

Either way, does anyone have a source of what I'm looking for?

56362_lrg.jpg

I have some I ordered from Cabelas a couple years ago; and I believe LL Bean has some.

If you're on a budget and can find surplus woolies that fit, I can understand the appeal... Wool is great and and all, but in this day and age, if you're going to pay that kind of price I'd think you could get a shell+baselayer combo that would perform just as well or better but with less weight and more versatility...

Not sure, but I have several garments from Sleeping Indian and King Of the Mountain wool. I would not trade them for anything out there when it comes to hunting gear or just outdoor in cold weather. I tried a lot of things cause I don't like to be cold, and this stuff works well and holds up great.

They might not be exactly the same but Filson and Orvis both offer wool cargo pants- for about $250
Cabelas has a similar product in two styles $115-$165

Last edited:
wool pants

i have been using woolrich and cabell's for yrs
have the swiss but have a button fly DRAFTY unless u dress Mr Johnson well.

i have both cabela's and woolrich been using the same 2 pr for over 15 yrs too heavy for use much but when u need them they are the best i am in n.ohio.

cabela's catalog
woolrich

good luck

jumper 66