• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOOX Furiosa Chassis ?

JasonPaul

Competitor, Hunter, Mechanic and Family Man.
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2020
NJ
Has anyone used this chassis long enough to give a solid review? Just wondering how it holds up and if there’s anything I should know before buying. I’m in love with the looks of it but I know that can become an issue at times. I was going to use a MDT ACC to build a competition rifle but this Woox Furiosa is just too cool not to consider. Also is there any other really cool looking chassis I should consider instead?

Woox are on sale at DVOR currently. Have 2 mdt chassis and enjoy both but the woox is damn good looking. Ordered one about two minutes ago.

I have been wanting to try the Woox chassis just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet. Really like the looks of them.

I have been wanting to try the Woox chassis just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet. Really like the looks of them.
Yeah it’s def a eye catcher, I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on it later this week. I was going to run a BAT action but I’m leaning towards a Curtis Custom instead. I’m thinking about buying the Furiosa in gray with a polished action and barrel which I think would be a real nice looking combo.

Woox are on sale at DVOR currently. Have 2 mdt chassis and enjoy both but the woox is damn good looking. Ordered one about two minutes ago.
I didn’t even check over there, I’ll take a look now and probably buy one if it’s cheaper then the site direct. Def the nicest looking rifle I’ve seen in a long time.

ARC Xylo

Very similar style but much more competition oriented. Weight kits. RRS dovetail. Anschutz rail. True chassis design not like a stock with bottom metal

Reactions: JasonPaul
Xylo is also 3 lbs heavier. I think the woox falls more into the hunting style than competition. I don’t think they are a competition chassis, more of a fully adjustable hunting chassis that is comparable to competition style chassis. There is also a several hundred dollar difference that probably appeals to a lot of people. I bought one for hunting for purely aesthetics and adjustability while not being overly heavy.

Per the MFG websites. Comparing both short actions as neither list long action weights.

Arc Xylo is 4.6lbs with bag rider
Woox Furiosa is 4.8lbs

Reactions: b6graham
Xylo is also 3 lbs heavier. I think the woox falls more into the hunting style than competition. I don’t think they are a competition chassis, more of a fully adjustable hunting chassis that is comparable to competition style chassis. There is also a several hundred dollar difference that probably appeals to a lot of people. I bought one for hunting for purely aesthetics and adjustability while not being overly heavy.
Well the OP said competition and compared to ACC so intent and budget when looking at ACC and Xylo decked out are close

The woox doesn't seem that comp friendly

I run one on my T1X nrl22 rifle.

Cons
It's heavy
putting an arca rail on it leaves a lot to be desired
I had to make a bag rider cause nobody does
Make your own weights for balance
Forend leaves a lot to be desired for a match gun

Pros
It's sexy
Takedown is nice for cleaning
Feels great offhand if you hit the gym enough
Super adjustable

I wouldn't buy it again for what I use it for but I love to look at it. I would get a whiskey 3 competition or an mdt acc next time.

How mine is sitting. I don't need weights as balance is perfect with a factory t1x barrel. A centerfire gun would need butt stock weights for balance.
IMG_20210113_213759_468.jpg

I don’t know where I was looking at weights. For sure not 3 pounds different. The xylo would definitely be a better comp chassis but I don’t think that is the intent of the woox

There's a closeup of my bag rider. I'd put more angle on the next one. The cheek piece adjusts fore and aft with an Allen wrench and the buttpad goes up down too.
IMG_20200726_123720_678.jpg

I don’t know where I was looking at weights. For sure not 3 pounds different. The xylo would definitely be a better comp chassis but I don’t think that is the intent of the woox

More like 3 oz different. The WOOX is a tank. Makes my Krg Bravo feel like a feather. The Furiosa is a half competition chassis. A better forend would make it but they don't make one yet.

More like 3 oz different. The WOOX is a tank. Makes my Krg Bravo feel like a feather. The Furiosa is a half competition chassis. A better forend would make it but they don't make one yet.
And the fact that it isn't really a chassis if it requires bottom metal

And the fact that it isn't really a chassis if it requires bottom metal

Agreed. It's more of a hybrid or like the stocks with a mini chassis but it's less mini. There's a lot about it that is beautifully done and some things that scream "this is our first metal one"

Last edited:
Thanks for the input fellas, I think I’ll hold off on the chassis for now. MDT has some killer BF sales so it might be worth buying then anyway. I’ll have to wait a few months for everything besides the Custis action anyway at this point since everyone is back logged.

I’m at the point where I’m hunting very little and target shooting a lot more so a true competition chassis would probably be more suited for what I plan to do.

Last edited:
Well that didn’t go as planned, I called OP to check on a die set that’s been back ordered over and over and some how we got on the subject of the Woox chassis. While discussing I was offered a deal too good to pass up on the midnight gray version. Guess I’ll give it a shot after all, hopefully I can pick up a barrel sooner then later and give it a work out.

Well that didn’t go as planned, I called OP to check on a die set that’s been back ordered over and over and some how we got on the subject of the Woox chassis. While discussing I was offered a deal too good to pass up on the midnight gray version. Guess I’ll give it a shot after all, hopefully I can pick up a barrel sooner then later and give it a work out.
I think you'll like it, i just received mine and was able to get a bag rider off ebay for $30 (3D printed type but works) and a 12'' Area 419 Universal rail. (419's 10 inch ill give you less hang over)

I think you'll like it, i just received mine and was able to get a bag rider off ebay for $30 (3D printed type but works) and a 12'' Area 419 Universal rail. (419's 10 inch ill give you less hang over)
I’m going to see what I can fabricate to hug the barrel and keep the bipod up higher. Having an access hole to button the wood to the internal frame might give me enough to make something to stretch it out about 4-6” more past the end of the stock. Just waiting for it to arrive to see what I can fab up for it.

I’m going to see what I can fabricate to hug the barrel and keep the bipod up higher. Having an access hole to button the wood to the internal frame might give me enough to make something to stretch it out about 4-6” more past the end of the stock. Just waiting for it to arrive to see what I can fab up for it.
It looks like the stock has a whole, a QD mount in the front, you may be able to use that in some way.

It's just a screw hole if I remember correctly. It keeps the handguard on along with numerous other screws. I've thought about putting a steel bar in it but it's small enough diameter that it would bend pretty easily under the weight.

I agree that you sit too high above the bipod. The marketing guys at woox said they were developing a competition stock on Instagram in some comments a while back but they declined to add details. Mostly I think it would be a forend.

It's just a screw hole if I remember correctly. It keeps the handguard on along with numerous other screws. I've thought about putting a steel bar in it but it's small enough diameter that it would bend pretty easily under the weight.

I agree that you sit too high above the bipod. The marketing guys at woox said they were developing a competition stock on Instagram in some comments a while back but they declined to add details. Mostly I think it would be a forend.
With the modular design I’m sure they could create a different exterior hand rail to mount onto the aluminum frame.

Yeah it’s the Front Mount for the 2 pc stock to stay locked to the front of the frame. Anyone could create a new stock to use copying the internal design or modify the existing stock. I’m thinking about using the Big Dog steel pic rail for the AI chassis and remove the spigot, notch the stock to match and use a long bolt with a spacer to mount it. Just ideas I have floating around in my head.... I have 2 atlas PRS bipods already and I really like having the ADM quick release to remove it. I would like to try the 419 arca rail but I’d have to see if I could make it work up high like I have planned for the BDS rail.

Something like this, just notch the stock and run a bolt through it with a spacer on the end the size of the stock hole so it still holds the front of the stock on right yet tightly holds the rail as well. Just ideas for now tho, still waiting to get it (tomorrow hopefully) and take it apart to see what I’m working with.

Attachments

• BC617062-E0F6-4538-8450-42F29406F205.jpeg
    BC617062-E0F6-4538-8450-42F29406F205.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 90
Something like this, just notch the stock and run a bolt through it with a spacer on the end the size of the stock hole so it still holds the front of the stock on right yet tightly holds the rail as well. Just ideas for now tho, still waiting to get it (tomorrow hopefully) and take it apart to see what I’m working with.
Keep us posted, would like to see what you come up with.

Keep us posted, would like to see what you come up with.
Well it looks like I’m going to have to wait a couple weeks to do anything. Optics Planet sent me the BDL instead of the DBM as I ordered. Nothing like getting a new toy just to find out I can’t use it. OP won’t order a DBM chassis either because it’s now listed as Dead in their inventory. Most likely because WOOX is giving away Hawkin Precision DBMs with every order. So I have to send it back and wait for their returns to process (2-3 weeks) just to order another directly from Woox (which is where this one was drop shipped from to begin with). What a bunch of bullshit, I’m already thinking about to changing my mind and going with a different chassis. The only way I could get it faster is to send this back to Woox directly and they’d exchange it for the correct model but I’d have to pay shipping. 🤬

Well it looks like I’m going to have to wait a couple weeks to do anything. Optics Planet sent me the BDL instead of the DBM as I ordered. Nothing like getting a new toy just to find out I can’t use it. OP won’t order a DBM chassis either because it’s now listed as Dead in their inventory. Most likely because WOOX is giving away Hawkin Precision DBMs with every order. So I have to send it back and wait for their returns to process (2-3 weeks) just to order another directly from Woox (which is where this one was drop shipped from to begin with). What a bunch of bullshit, I’m already thinking about to changing my mind and going with a different chassis. The only way I could get it faster is to send this back to Woox directly and they’d exchange it for the correct model but I’d have to pay shipping. 🤬
Oh man that sucks I’m sorry to hear that.

Ask woox if you can take it apart and just send the center section. It's only twice the size of an AR lower.
I’m waiting for Kendall to get back to me. He said to send it to them to swap for a DBM version but the way OP did the discount I’m not sure I can with out it costing me even more money.

Here’s some pictures, it’s a damn sexy chassis and it’s solid. Feels much nicer to hold then many chassis rifles I’ve shot over the past two years.

Attachments

• 04F894E8-443B-4838-A727-453D7926E76A.jpeg
    04F894E8-443B-4838-A727-453D7926E76A.jpeg
    895.4 KB · Views: 413
  • 058B20AF-F9F8-43DB-8B5D-E70576973970.jpeg
    058B20AF-F9F8-43DB-8B5D-E70576973970.jpeg
    872.5 KB · Views: 241
53244E66-8567-4193-81CA-586472D2C072.jpeg
I got my action yesterday and was stoked to slap it together even without a barrel. Lol I was tempted to mount the scope too. 😂

Here’s some pictures, it’s a damn sexy chassis and it’s solid. Feels much nicer to hold then many chassis rifles I’ve shot over the past two years.
I was so torn about with color stock to get, really liked that darker gray. Looks sexy AF.

I was so torn about with color stock to get, really liked that darker gray. Looks sexy AF.
The gray is my fav, I’d like to see better pics of the micarta too since that seems a little lighter. I’m using a polished action and barrel on this one so it’s going to be a beauty to look at.

Reactions: 631Shooter
Well I got ahold of Woox today and they sold me the right model with the DBM and took care of me. So I should have the new stock/chassis next week. I’ll just ship the OP order back and wait for my refund and deal with the wife yelling at me for a couple weeks. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Oops 😂

Well I got ahold of Woox today and they sold me the right model with the DBM and took care of me. So I should have the new stock/chassis next week. I’ll just ship the OP order back and wait for my refund and deal with the wife yelling at me for a couple weeks. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Oops 😂
You spoke with Kendall over at Woox?

Yea I’ve talk to him over the phone, good people.
I tried to call but the line is always busy and he said he was swamped so he didn’t get to my email. I just continued with him via the chat till he took care of it. lol

Maybe I missed the memo, but wasn't there a press-release announcement of a Furiosa "ULTRA" chassis a few years back? I liked the looks/features of the ULTRA described and have been casually following Woox ever since, but haven't seen anything on their website or in the press to indicate it's impending release, or even a whiff of info on it,... what gives?