• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Work done by Member

chain

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
MI USA
I recently had my rifle re-barreled by one of our members DSINK. He trued the action, ground the recoil lug, installed a Benchmark barrel which he Duracoated black and bedded my rail. This is a Savage rifle, he did not install the barrel nut. He cleaned the trigger mechanism and I think he even had to enlarge the barrel channel in the stock. To make a long story short, the guy does what he says he is going to do, when he says he is going to do it. Work was fantastic, I will try to shoot it this week. Have no fear dealing with DSINK he is GTG.

Re: Work done by Member

I will try to get pics posted. I am a computer idiot. I want to get my Lupie back on it first, it looks naked.

I will give full report on how it shoots. I have heard great things about Benchmark barrels also. I didn't mention that DSINK also bedded the action.

Chain. Thanks for the kind words. I do my best to give everyone there moneys worth and then some. Keep me posted on how it shoots.
Thanks
Dave

I shot today. Conditions were pretty good. This is only the fourth time I have been out since the work was done. Skies overcast, temp 34, wind 0-5 mph from my 7 oclock.
All loads were RWS brass, H-1000, 208 Amax with Fed 215 M primers.Seated .015 from lands.Caliber is 300 win.

The first 4 groups had one round each that was my fault I think, my breath fogging gave my some visibility issues. All groups were five shots.

75 gr .700
75.2 .765
75.4 .797
75.6 .340

I am getting it dialed in. I can't say enough about Dave's work. I think all groups would have been less than .5 if I would have performed better. Thanks guys.

Good to know, thanks for the report. How much did it end up costing you?

dsink has built, or worked on multiple rifles for me; he treats your weapon like he is going to own and shoot it himself. I've had the pleasure of visiting his shop, and shooting my rifles on his test range; top notch guy and quality 'smith.