• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes working towards hi end scope

cowboy25actual

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2009
i been toying around the idea of moving, to up grade my scope,just wanted some more input,,i got a savage model 12 fvss 300wsm,,seems to be a good shooter for the money,,im upgrading the stock,,,got a a2 stock comming and i upgraded bolt,got a rail and burris extreme tac rings,,,i have a millets 6x25x56, mil-dot,,seemed like a good glass,, from the usaual wally world ones,,i want to start shooting long range,,i have my own land so i built a range,,,now i know i rambled here,, wanted to give you guys insight of what we are working with,,now i was thinking of millett LRS-1,ive heard good and bad,,i like the 35mm tube,was thinking cool low light scope,, and seemed a good price,,,should i just keep what i got,learn to shoot and save my pennies for night force or good german glass,,is there anyone who kinda made the kinda jump im looking at here,was it worth the big bucks?? thank guys!!

Re: working towards hi end scope

If i were you, I would either stick with what you have or save for a nightforce.

Moving up one notch when you are starting from 1 doesnt do much.

I am in a simliar postion. I have a ss10x42 but i want a nightforce or S&B.
I have enough right now for a leupold, but i think i may wait for the nightforce.

spend it all and cry once for good equipment.

Re: working towards hi end scope

yeah thats what im thinking then i see the uso stuff and shcmitt and bender then the other german one,,,and then im like,, maybe im getting out of control lol,,thanks for the input !