• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Workouts for 30+ men and woman

jerome.lujan

R33PER
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2019
Upstate NY
Hello forums members,

I’d like to hear some opinions and advice on some great weight lifting training that older men could use. I’m 32 years old. 13 years on active federal service with the military. I can definitely tell I am no longer that young 18 year old that can relentlessly throw around weights lol. I find myself focusing on lighter weights and more reps however it has led me to decrease in strength.

Love to hear what are some things I can improve or do.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Moregunzz
32 is just getting into your physical prime for weightlifting bud. Train hard and train smart.
Look up Frank Zane’s Mr Olympia training. It’s what I live by.
Im 44 now and could easily kill my
25-30 year old self. I’m bigger, stronger, more defined and wiser than 25.
Do I have the limitless energy I had at 25 or 30, no. But I train smarter and have studied nutrition and negative lift training.
Frank Zane is all you need.

Exactly what he said.
I’m only 31 but do know this, not give my your body time to recover from a hard workout is going to hurt you. Actually hurt you. I have caused permanent damage because I thought I was “good enough” to get back to what hurt me so recently, my left knee will never be right. But I can’t remind you of this.... you can always work another group in low weight high reps for that day, rather than rust real damage.

Reactions: ShooterwithNoName
lol older...dude you’re 32, these are the golden years lol. Walker step ups, salad bar shuffles, and bingo broad jumps are now your go-to exercises!

Seriously though man, I’m in my 30’s and former mil as well. You don’t have anything to “worry” about until you hit 50. Find a beginners program that will work with your schedule and stick to it. Get rid of that “I’m old” mindset because that’s going to hurt your progress more than lack of recovery.

Starting Strength is a great program and very easy to keep to, even with the most hectic of full time schedules. Check out Rip’s site (SS) and follow his YouTube channel. If you plan on taking strength training seriously (as in you aren’t going to only do DB curls in the mirror and bench press every Monday), then I’d recommend the Starting Strength book as well.

I have no affiliation with SS but I’ve used Rip’s program and it’s definitely something I recommend to beginners and those looking for a strength program that they’ll get stronger on with a low risk of injury.

Get stronger and everything gets easier.

32 is just getting into your physical prime for weightlifting bud. Train hard and train smart.
Look up Frank Zane’s Mr Olympia training. It’s what I live by.
Im 44 now and could easily kill my
25-30 year old self. I’m bigger, stronger, more defined and wiser than 25.
Do I have the limitless energy I had at 25 or 30, no. But I train smarter and have studied nutrition and negative lift training.
Frank Zane is all you need.
This and Steve Reeves' book as well at Combat Strength Training by Pat McNamara.

Fitness not brokeness

Last edited:
Starting Strength and the Barbell Prescription. Quit with the high rep program, it doesn't work well for muscle development/growth and is birthed in the bro-science/muscle mag BS.

Lift heavy (for your fives), understand your programming (and focus on compound lifts), and how it affects your body. Once you hit your late 30's/early 40's you will have to go with what results show you, since men's strength is all over the map until they hit their 70's (genetics and injury history matter). keep a workout log. It'll pay dividends in the long run.

I'm near 50 and still lifting heavy (in spite of recent medical challenges). In fact, every physician I have seen, comments on how I am "in amazingly good shape" for my age. Keep cardio to a minimum, lift heavy, make sure you eat enough (protein and carbs) to hit your calorie goals, and you'll be fine.

JMTCW...

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Jim Wendler 5/3/1

Not trying to be a dick here, but T-Nation is not what I'd call a reliable source. T-Nation is a like an online muscle mag, chocked full of bro-science and gym legend. That being said, 5/3/1 is a good program, no arguing that.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Not trying to be a dick here, but T-Nation is not what I'd call a reliable source. T-Nation is a like an online muscle mag, chocked full of bro-science and gym legend. That being said, 5/3/1 is a good program, no arguing that.

It gives a good explanation and example of the program.
That’s the only reason I linked to it. It’s an old article from what I would call the ‘good ol’ days’ of t-nation.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
Do yourself a favor and look up Jeff Nichols at Performance First. He has some great programs from lifting, to running, to improving pushups/pull ups. It's all based on science and if you follow him on Instagram, he gives no bullshit information and also does 'live video' chats where you can ask questions. Be careful and do your homework, though, he doesn't mess around with stupid questions. Ask me how I know. :ROFLMAO:

His programs are pretty cheap compared to others but work great if you eat properly and put in the work.

Ah to be 32 again. Had by best BB show at 33. For a simple and easy to get into program, Starting Strength. After that, do what keeps you in the gym and active outside. I will give you a semi agreement about 32. Your diet must change from your 20s. Other than that, as your not a professional athlete that was worn out young, you should be heading into your prime.

My 33 225 pound self is better than my 22 240 lb marine Corp version in every way. Lift hard and heavy with intensity and volume to change things up. Make sure your diet is on point drink a ton of water sleep 8 hours and if something hurts honestly ask yourself if your being a pussy or being stupid.... if your injured rest.

Hello forums members,

I’d like to hear some opinions and advice on some great weight lifting training that older men could use. I’m 32 years old. 13 years on active federal service with the military. I can definitely tell I am no longer that young 18 year old that can relentlessly throw around weights lol. I find myself focusing on lighter weights and more reps however it has led me to decrease in strength.

Thanks in advance
Do you have any injuries to speak of? Other than that sounds like you are just experiencing normal aging. One thing most everyone loses is elasticity....if you are not adding some stretching that will rob your muscles of performance all around. I took up swimming 10 years ago to combat that was huge for me. Good luck enjoy it while you can you young punk!

As we age more hurts, more is stiff, can't do as much for sure. However if you commit you can do. I've been doing the same PT tests for the last 23 years for work. 60 push-ups, 45 sit-ups in a min, 4 dead hang pull-ups w/35 lbs strapped on, 16 ft rope climb w/35 lbs, 4 flights of stairs in full gear w/45 lb ram, then 5k run under 26 min. Our PT test is not graduated for age, everybody does the same. Is is easy like it was 10 years ago, no it is not. I have bad knees, elbows, and low back issues. Not bragging but I turn 59 next month, 31 years on the job. I see 25-30 year old guys at work everyday that have no motivation to do anything but be fat and lazy. Commit and get it done. Age is in your head.

What I've learned from the other side of 40:

1) Max strength hasn't really fallen off, but it's become far less important.

2) Improving flexibility has become very interesting.

3) Old injuries that I'd forgotten about now come back with occasional reminders that are typically unpleasant. There are a few poor decisions in my past that I'd like to take back.

3) Gaining and maintaining muscle mass is harder, and is less about aesthetics and more about having a sufficient reserve to survive an injury or other extended duration with reduced/non-existent training.

4) Cardio performance has been dramatically affected by the aging process, especially since I kinda ignored it for a 10-15 year stretch. Clawing back some gains in this area seems important for long-term success. It's easy to dismiss the importance of aerobic capacity, but it's an essential component to rapid recovery from anaerobic efforts.

5) Risk mitigation has become an interesting aspect of every workout. Since it takes longer to recover from injuries, avoiding the injury is the best strategy (even if it means missing out on that max lift by a few pounds).

6) Recovery between workouts is more important. I can still put in serious efforts, but it takes more time to come back from them. If I dig a deep hole, it might take more than just a weekend of rest to recover (especially considering that job and family requirements have only gotten worse over the years, and that's stress that must be considered).

7) It's fun to make younger kids look like idiots via technique and old-man strength :p

Reactions: knuckleballz
Try and decide what type of fitness and physique is your goal. Being jacked doesn't necessarily mean healthy. If you plan on using your body for a certain activity incorporate functional lifts or excercises that will benefit you. Flexibility and functional fitness will pay dividends as you age in my opinion. Also, if you are getting back at it after a break take it slow. I found myself overtraining and becoming injured because I wasn't taking care of my body now that I'm in my 30s. Work hard!

Older at 32......lol!! Fuck me.....
I’m in my “late” 30’s and I’m still doing the same or improved versions of the workouts I did in my 20’s. Now, I will say that I do “feel” the years of banging iron the way I have. I started when I was 20 and it’s been a non stop 5-6 days a week thing for me for almost 20 years. However, I’m bigger and leaner than I ever have been. I’d go back to 32 in a second if I could.

Older at 32......lol!! Fuck me.....
I’m in my “late” 30’s and I’m still doing the same or improved versions of the workouts I did in my 20’s. Now, I will say that I do “feel” the years of banging iron the way I have. I started when I was 20 and it’s been a non stop 5-6 days a week thing for me for almost 20 years. However, I’m bigger and leaner than I ever have been. I’d go back to 32 in a second if I could.

My low 20's stepson comes home from college and says "Hey Bruh, look at these gains!" I just roll my eyes, knowing at that age you can look at a barbell and make gains, and just tell him to come back in 30 years and let me know how it is going.

I'm in my mid 30s and have a few injuries that hinder a lot of lifts that I can do. I have really bad arthritis in my facet joints in my back from previous injuries. Other rotator cuff Injuries from when I was in my late teens and early twenties that never completely go away. Etc etc. Everyone is different. I try to find a middle ground between excessive weight and reps while still being strong and cut. I hated the way I felt and looked when I was more bulked up. Sure your a little stronger but a Little leaner and more cut was better for my body type and energy levels. Everyone's mileage will vary.

Don't be afraid to lift heavy, I hurt my body more at 25 than I did at 35 by lifting incorrectly. I'm 50 and still put up heavy weights but max reps of 5 and min of 3, no need for max out singles anymore.

Lots of core exercises, I devote 1 day a week to core strength weight training and 1 day to body weight core exercises.

Go easy on the cardio, not to say don't do it but I don't get crazy with it.

Ice packs are your friends, I use them every night, keep the inflammation done and you will be surprised how much better you will feel.

I am by no means an expert in in coming up with my own solutions to do the right thing in the gym. Ive always needed and seeked guidance by paying for memberships where there were staff to work with people. I went to a crossfit gym for a couple of yearsand really loved it. I definately found strength and endurance i didnt previously know was possible. I continued the regiment at my fire department after i let my membership go. Im 36 now and starting to feel the effects of 18 years on the job. I decided to transition strictly to calisthenics (not Jazzercise ?)and stay away from the heavy weights that were pissing my fucked up joints off. I found this free app called THENX that gives you a metric fuck ton of different excersizes and workouts that were really game changing for me. My joint issues are pretty much gone now. they give really good video tutorials on proper form of all the individual excersizes and have a stockpile of workouts to choose for all fitness levels from beginner to pretty much olympic gymnast shit. Pretty cool stuff.

Joint issues arise from machines not fitting your anthropometry correctly while trying to lift heavy. Same goes for lifting with barbells and having bad form.

As you age, you want to maintain or increase your strength as much as possible, therefore you need to lift heavy, correctly. Not lift light, or revert to calisthenics (the worst thing an otherwise healthy person can do).

Find a good coach; someone with more experience than some flunky working at a globo gym, full of machines. Find a black iron gym, with a decent staff.

P.S. You're welcome

I’m 35 and healthier and more fit than I ever have in my life... I started 2019 off at 6’3 240 prolly 30%+ body fat %on a Keebler and Oreo diet ?.. the. 1 day like a flick of a switch I decided I didn’t like
It and started my change...
Exactly 1 year later Now I’m 187 14% body fat and I have the abs I always wanted

intermittent fasting has been my biggest weight loss factor.. eating starts after 11 and finishes at 8pm a long with a lot of gym, but what I found is work yourself into the higher protein consumption .. don’t just see
You need 200g of protein and then just do that the next day.. build into it ... but everyone’s body is different when it comes to food, building, weightloss, don’t get frustrated just add some tweaks

as for workouts, if you notice “bad pain” not burning.. then stop.. it’s not worth it, there’s always different exercises that can compensate for a past injury or something

mental strength is also a big thing, if you want it then go get it. Excuses set you back, same with muscle building and weight loss, set your goals, get a fitness log .. write down your stuff and always try to equal or gain...

Reactions: MarinePMI
Hello forums members,

Thanks in advance
2 words. Jiu-Jitsu.

Hey guys. 32 is considered older men now. Lolll

Pretty sure, hormonally speaking, "old" for men, begins from anywhere between 36 and 42. Due to genetic differences in the human genome, the start of male degradation of performance due to age is all over the place until males hit the age 70. From there it (male performance) begins to look more standard across the species.

If you don't know how to lift weights, learn now. Don't go through life as a dude that can't move weight well. Results in injury and it is embarrassing.

And don't ask some 20 something kid at 24 Hour Fitness for PT. Find someone that knows how to bang weights and learn. If you don't know anyone in your area, hit me up with a DM and I can point you in the right direction. I know a lot of people in the gym & micro gym space and can help you find someone that won't just steal your money and leave you with tendinitis.

But if you know how to bang weights, like to condition and don't need a major hand holding check out Grindstone on Train Heroic.

Best program for the 30-50 something crowd that still wants to train like an athlete but things like life, job and family are cutting into training time.

Not to be argumentative, but the fact that males age 30-50, have stamina and strength that is all over the spectrum, kind of flies in the face of a single program "being the one".

Any program will work, to some degree, if you're picking heavy shit up, and putting it back down regularly.

Form aside, what many confuse lifting well later in life with is, how to do that most efficiently, and with potential injuries that have been accumulated over life. And for that, there is no single program. It requires a very skilled (read expensive) coach. To say otherwise is pure folly IME. You can pay money for a "good coach". You can pay money for an experienced coach. But you're going to pay a LOT of money for a good AND experienced coach. Preferably one, that understands, and can properly program routine and matches YOUR goals, not theirs.

Strong Bastard and Built Like a Badass are both good workouts for real world useable strength and athleticism. It is customizable to fit age, fitness level, etc.....

I'm 58 now and still in the gym every day, week days anyway. I had to be fit for a living while I was in the service. Now I'm just training for old age.

At 30 I noticed that everything that got damaged stayed damaged at some level.
At 40 I noticed that I was getting stiffer and slower and I hated running in the winter so I started to slack off.
At 50 I was beginning to turn into an old man, joint pain, stiffness, hard time sleeping, getting fat and soft, so back in the gym I went, mainly because I wanted a better quality of life for as long as possible, I ran alot in my 20's & 30's so my cardiovascular system got a boost from that I think as my pulse and BP are normal for a 20 year old now. I lift heavy for my size, actually I bench more today than I ever did in my youth, I don't run anymore (arthritis) but I walk. People tell me I'm in shape, hard to see it myself. My advice would be this.

1) Don't stop working out, period. You'd be surprised how easy it is to just stay home and let it go.
2) Form is critical, I never hurt myself executing exercises, always in the setup (i.e. twisting while putting plates on the bar).
3) Warm up before giving it hell.
4) Give it hell (but watch your form).
5) Don't get so wrapped up in the note taking that you lose track of the pure joy a strong body provides.
6) Make use of your strength.
7) Stretch, (never did it but wish I had tried yoga).
8) Cardio, when I was 30 my resting pulse was 42 bpm. Make your pump strong, you're gonna need it.
9) If you injure yourself get it looked at and taken care of. Injury can effect form which leads to more injury and you're done.
10) When you FEEL like quitting, THINK about why you started.

Reactions: Bill1391
Hello forums members,

Thanks in advance

Testosterone? I'm 34. I went on TRT about a year ago and it changed my life in every respect. Getting older sucks, and lack of testosterone can send you backwards when trying to stay fit. TRT improved every aspect of my life so much it makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. I used to get some every other week or so, usually when I went out of my way to make the Mrs. happy. Now I can't go into the bedroom without her following me. Washboard abs, oozing confidence... the whole bit. I tried everything from crossfit and keto to boxing and bodybuilding splits before TRT. Nothing worked. Now, I eat like a goddamn horse and apply progressive overload. Nothing fancy, and gains are through the roof.

Absolute gamechanger. Best decision I've ever made in my life. Hands down.

Testosterone? I'm 34. I went on TRT about a year ago and it changed my life in every respect. Getting older sucks, and lack of testosterone can send you backwards when trying to stay fit. TRT improved every aspect of my life so much it makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. I used to get some every other week or so, usually when I went out of my way to make the Mrs. happy. Now I can't go into the bedroom without her following me. Washboard abs, oozing confidence... the whole bit. I tried everything from crossfit and keto to boxing and bodybuilding splits before TRT. Nothing worked. Now, I eat like a goddamn horse and apply progressive overload. Nothing fancy, and gains are through the roof.

Absolute gamechanger. Best decision I've ever made in my life. Hands down.

Dude. 34 is young to go on hormone replacement.

I'm 38 and almost back to 300lb deadlift. GD rona BS. If your body is busted up or something yeah use lighter weights but otherwise start slow but keep pushing, or find a trainer to get with for whatever your physical level and goals are.

You might want to take a good look at your nutrition levels too. I recommend the bulletproof diet, and having a blood mineral panel done at the doc to see what you are deficient in.

I know...130 ng/dL though. I was all sorts of banged up. That's approaching woman territory. It was either go on TRT or grow a vagina, from what I understand.

There are really so cool strategies to implement before going on exogenous testosterone for dudes in their 30s and 40s. Problem is doctors are lazy and they would rather write a script and have the drug rep take them for lunch and a round of golf, the actually do some forensic work to figure out why production is low.

Doing short micro cycles of HCG with clomid QOD works well to ramp up natural production of endogenous testosterone. Mixing an AI like aromasin or arimidex has done well to reduce the amount of estrogen to make sure you don't grow a vagina.

The bigger issue is why was your testosterone so low as a 34 year dude who lifts weights and trains.

First, I would have looked at sleep and cortisone levels. If there was sleep disruption that can add stress and increase SHBG production out of the liver.

Something like a C-PAP to help with sleep. Maybe ChiliTech to cool the bed as we sleep better In a cool environment.

Micro-nutrient testing is another. If you are low in zinc, magnesium, iron and selenium you wont produce test.

You aren't a vegan are you?

JR

There are really so cool strategies to implement before going on exogenous testosterone for dudes in their 30s and 40s. Problem is doctors are lazy and they would rather write a script and have the drug rep take them for lunch and a round of golf, the actually do some forensic work to figure out why production is low.

Doing short micro cycles of HCG with clomid QOD works well to ramp up natural production of endogenous testosterone. Mixing an AI like aromasin or arimidex has done well to reduce the amount of estrogen to make sure you don't grow a vagina.

The bigger issue is why was your testosterone so low as a 34 year dude who lifts weights and trains.

First, I would have looked at sleep and cortisone levels. If there was sleep disruption that can add stress and increase SHBG production out of the liver.

Something like a C-PAP to help with sleep. Maybe ChiliTech to cool the bed as we sleep better In a cool environment.

Micro-nutrient testing is another. If you are low in zinc, magnesium, iron and selenium you wont produce test.

You aren't a vegan are you?

JR

I don't think Watson has reps, and testosterone is dirt cheap to begin with. I can see playing around with HCG to boost natural test production after an all out steroid cycle, but when you're naturally low, you're kind of screwed. Clomid's nasty stuff, and I'm more concerned with E inhibitors than testosterone. Aromasin and Arimidex can cause serious health issues in the long run whereas reasonable dosages of test don't. I'm at 150mg per week, so it's not enough to warrant that stuff on TRT, for me anyway.

I'm the furthest thing from a vegan you can imagine. I was working 80-100 weeks for the better part of a decade and that was the endo's best guess as to why my levels were so low. I wasn't sleeping much and I was stressed out of my mind. My whole office was eating well and working out at a local crossfit gym during that period though, so it wasn't my diet. I was taking magnesium/zinc, a multivitamin, ashwegandah, creatine and protein and before TRT. I don't take any of those supplements now.

I don't think Watson has reps, and testosterone is dirt cheap to begin with. I can see playing around with HCG to boost natural test production after an all out steroid cycle, but when you're naturally low, you're kind of screwed. Clomid's nasty stuff, and I'm more concerned with E inhibitors than testosterone. Aromasin and Arimidex can cause serious health issues in the long run whereas reasonable dosages of test don't. I'm at 150mg per week, so it's not enough to warrant that stuff on TRT, for me anyway.

I'm the furthest thing from a vegan you can imagine. I was working 80-100 weeks for the better part of a decade and that was the endo's best guess as to why my levels were so low. I wasn't sleeping much and I was stressed out of my mind. My whole office was eating well and working out at a local crossfit gym during that period though, so it wasn't my diet. I was taking magnesium/zinc, a multivitamin, ashwegandah, creatine and protein and before TRT. I don't take any of those supplements now.

You seem pretty sharp so don't take this wrong but you are working off some broken, out of dates paradigms.

"HCG is an analogue of Luteinizing Hormone. LH is the primary signaling hormone produced by the pituitary gland that tells the testicles to make more testosterone. In effect, using HCG stimulates a man’s body to naturally up-regulate testosterone production. The benefit of HCG therapy are improving testosterone levels without using exogenous testosterone injections, less adverse events related to erythrocytosis and an application of therapy that is more comfortable than an intramuscular injection of testosterone cypionate."

"A study induced experimental gonadotropin deficiency in 37 normal men with gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonists and randomized the men to receive one of four doses of hCG: 0, 15, 60, or 125 IU subcutanesouly every other day for 10 days.[1] Testicular fluid was obtained by percutaneous aspiration for steroid measurements at baseline and after 10 days of treatment. The ITT levels increased in a dose-dependent manner, with very low-dose hCG administration Moreover, blood levels of HCG were significantly correlated with both ITT and blood testosterone levels. It was concluded that doses of HCG that ware far lower than those typically used clinically (1,000–2,000 IU SC three times weekly) increased ITT concentrations in a dose-dependent manner in normal men with experimental gonadotropin deficiency."

Clomid is super mild - the research is pretty compelling to support the use of clomid before going to exogenous testosterone. Never head it referred to as nasty stuff so that is a new one.

"CC remains a viable treatment modality for hypogonadal men but its adverse effect on libido warrant further study."

And Aromatase Inhibitors are also mild in low/medium doses and have been used in hypogonadal men with great success.

Here is a diagram to take a look at the pathways and see where each drug plays its part.

And the CrossFit could be a major culprit.

Unfortunately, I have known Greg Glassman over a decade and worked with Dave Castro. And having been/worked/taught at hundreds of CrossFit gyms around the globe I can tell you that glycolytic heavy training could have been a major player on making a eunuch.

male-fertility.gif

You seem pretty sharp so don't take this wrong but you are working off some broken, out of dates paradigms.

"HCG is an analogue of Luteinizing Hormone. LH is the primary signaling hormone produced by the pituitary gland that tells the testicles to make more testosterone. In effect, using HCG stimulates a man’s body to naturally up-regulate testosterone production. The benefit of HCG therapy are improving testosterone levels without using exogenous testosterone injections, less adverse events related to erythrocytosis and an application of therapy that is more comfortable than an intramuscular injection of testosterone cypionate."

"A study induced experimental gonadotropin deficiency in 37 normal men with gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonists and randomized the men to receive one of four doses of hCG: 0, 15, 60, or 125 IU subcutanesouly every other day for 10 days.[1] Testicular fluid was obtained by percutaneous aspiration for steroid measurements at baseline and after 10 days of treatment. The ITT levels increased in a dose-dependent manner, with very low-dose hCG administration Moreover, blood levels of HCG were significantly correlated with both ITT and blood testosterone levels. It was concluded that doses of HCG that ware far lower than those typically used clinically (1,000–2,000 IU SC three times weekly) increased ITT concentrations in a dose-dependent manner in normal men with experimental gonadotropin deficiency."

Clomid is super mild - the research is pretty compelling to support the use of clomid before going to exogenous testosterone. Never head it referred to as nasty stuff so that is a new one.

"CC remains a viable treatment modality for hypogonadal men but its adverse effect on libido warrant further study."

And Aromatase Inhibitors are also mild in low/medium doses and have been used in hypogonadal men with great success.

Here is a diagram to take a look at the pathways and see where each drug plays its part.

And the CrossFit could be a major culprit.

Unfortunately, I have known Greg Glassman over a decade and worked with Dave Castro. And having been/worked/taught at hundreds of CrossFit gyms around the globe I can tell you that glycolytic heavy training could have been a major player on making a eunuch.

View attachment 7437759

You're way over my head man! I just rolled with what the endocrinologist prescribed. My only experience with clomid/hcg came secondhand from my brother, who tried hcg (and 90% sure clomid) as an infertility treatment. It didn't work and it gave him vertigo.

Crossfit kind of sucked. Certain exercises, like the sumo deadlift would wreck my back for a week. Those Schwinn assault bikes were devastating too. My cardio isn't as good as it was when I was doing CF, but I don't mind walking up stairs anymore. I used to get stuck on the toilet because my legs were so sore.

You're way over my head man! I just rolled with what the endocrinologist prescribed. My only experience with clomid/hcg came secondhand from my brother, who tried hcg (and 90% sure clomid) as an infertility treatment. It didn't work and it gave him vertigo.

Crossfit kind of sucked. Certain exercises, like the sumo deadlift would wreck my back for a week. Those Schwinn assault bikes were devastating too. My cardio isn't as good as it was when I was doing CF, but I don't mind walking up stairs anymore. I used to get stuck on the toilet because my legs were so sore.

That is what I am getting at. Doctors just want to throw these pharmacology solutions at guys without doing the forensic work on the backside with testing to figure "why" this is happening. Anything micro nutrients deficient, gut inflammation, body fat, sleep, food quality...and so on.

When I tell you have I have worked with close to a 100 guys over the last number of years who were in the same boat and were able to regain naturally what they had lost.

At the end of the day, you are healthy with higher testosterone levels than with low ones. So however you get there isn't always as important. I just prefer to fix the oil leak for young guys - older dudes just add oil.

JR

Reactions: Wssickta
It is great that some people maintain their health and shape at any age. But it is hard to start from zero when you are 30+.

I started from zero (73 in, 270+ lbs), busted my ass for a year so I could make it through MEPS, and turned 30 in BCT.

Is it hard? Yes. Is it impossible? No.

1. Set a goal.
  2. Make a plan.
  3. Stick to it.

Reactions: E. Bryant