• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing world record 8 point update

rwcathunter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2009
red wing mn.
troy reinke 33, pleaded guilty march 18th to one gross misdemeanor and two misdemeanor charges. he was ordered to one year in jail, with credit for 120 days already served. he was fined $583, and must pay $1500 restitution to the state of mn,forfeited his bow used to illegally take a deer, and his big and small game licenses have been suspended for 5 years. the gross misdemeanor was for possesion of a deer out of season. the big 8 point was taken with a gun during archery season. reinke pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for failing to register a deer [doe] and having an overlimit of deer [smaller buck]. he has 30 days to appeal but since he was originally charged with 13 counts i think he got a good deal, for himself anyway. officials think the the rack would have been the biggest 8 point ever taken by the pope and young or boone and crockett clubs.

Re: world record 8 point update

huh...call myself a "avid-hunter" and havn't even heard of this....
Any pics of this proposed record?

Yeah, coulda used google....figured he had a pic....thanks though! What a freakin bull!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwcathunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">troy reinke 33, pleaded guilty march 18th to one gross misdemeanor and two misdemeanor charges. he was ordered to one year in jail, with credit for 120 days already served. he was fined $583, and must pay $1500 restitution to the state of mn,<span style="font-weight: bold">forfeited his bow used to illegally take a deer</span>, and his big and small game licenses have been suspended for 5 years. the gross misdemeanor was for possesion of a deer out of season. <span style="font-weight: bold">the big 8 point was taken with a gun during archery season</span>. reinke pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for failing to register a deer [doe] and having an overlimit of deer [smaller buck]. he has 30 days to appeal but since he was originally charged with 13 counts i think he got a good deal, for himself anyway. officials think the the rack would have been the biggest 8 point ever taken by the pope and young or boone and crockett clubs. </div></div>

Contradict much? You may want to clarify what you posted to keep from confusing people who havent read the actual link.

flounderv2,no contradiction here. in mn. you can only tag one deer unless your area is under special management rules. so he should have been done after the doe. then he took a small buck also with a bow. hence the illegally taken charge#1.doesn't really matter in this case cuz the guy didn't tag or register either of the first two deer. but atleast he was dumb enough to keep the carcasses in his freezer for the dnr to find and figure out what really happened. bottom line, one less poacher in my local woods.

I keep seeing this "world record" business, but haven't seen a score on that deer... it's certainly huge... but "biggest 8 point ever"?

seems like media hype...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep seeing this "world record" business, but haven't seen a score on that deer... it's certainly huge... but "biggest 8 point ever"?

seems like media hype...</div></div>

I haven't seen an official score yet either but have you ever seen an 8 bigger than this one? I don't think its just "media Hype" unless they photoshopped all those pictures...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep seeing this "world record" business, but haven't seen a score on that deer... it's certainly huge... but "biggest 8 point ever"?

seems like media hype... </div></div>

it's supposedly the largest 8 point ever recorded in the boone and crocket record book. There are p[lenty of deer that make the book that aren't even recorded in it. As well as deer taken off high fence ranches that boone and crocket doesn't accept.

The deer and the score are in one of the last few issues of North American Whitetail magazine. It is the world record for a typical 8 point. 190 some inches. The guy shot it with a rifle at night during bow season. What an ass! He's looking at a huge restitution judgement. He should never be allowed in the woods again in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep seeing this "world record" business, but haven't seen a score on that deer... it's certainly huge... but "biggest 8 point ever"?

seems like media hype... </div></div>

it's supposedly the largest 8 point ever recorded in the boone and crocket record book. There are p[lenty of deer that make the book that aren't even recorded in it. As well as deer taken off high fence ranches that boone and crocket doesn't accept. </div></div>

That is why they are saying biggest 4x4 deer recorded in boone and crocket not biggest 4x4 ever shot. and high fence should not count for anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luciausarmy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to bad that deer wasnt taken legally, and to bad he gets to hunt again. </div></div>
NO DOUBT.... what a douche! lifetime ban!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_280AI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep seeing this "world record" business, but haven't seen a score on that deer... it's certainly huge... but "biggest 8 point ever"?

seems like media hype...</div></div>

I haven't seen an official score yet either but have you ever seen an 8 bigger than this one? I don't think its just "media Hype" unless they photoshopped all those pictures... </div></div>

I've seen several large 8 pointers. I don't know what this one scored. I don't think the photos they show sre photshopped, but they seem to dramatically differ from each other from photo to photo.

not all bucks are put into the B&C record book. I know of a 227" deer that was killed a few miles from my lease that isn't going into a record book, or even one of the local contests down here.

as far as high fence... south texas isn't like the midwest or the northeast that has these 300 acre high fence pens. Sure, they are around, and you see them more often in the hill country, but it's not the norm for where the nice deer are killed in texas. I hunt on a high fence lease, and it's a total of about 12,000 acres. Our pasture on the lease is about 6500 acres. Most of the deer on that place never see the high fence.