• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Worlds Finest Trimmer 2

I would say just go buy a cheap Harbor Freight drill press but since you are also deburring and chamfering at the same time looks like that will work too.

Are you getting consistent lengths on the cases using the WFT? I'm having a heck of a time trimming .223. All re-sized together on the press before trimming and then I get some trim lengths that vary widely. I'm using a sized case to set the bit at the length I want and everything is tight...and then I end up with a case that gets trimmed a thou too short. Any advice?

You want to use the same amount of force/pressure. Once you develop this consistancy these trimmers are as accurate as my old method of using the hand crank RCBS trimmer. I have a Ridgid (Home Depot) brand drill that I chuck my trimmer in and can trim 300 or so in about an hour. I don't worry about a .0005 variance for my uses.

The only reason I don't like WFT is it measures off the shoulders.

If you resize your brass and the shoulders are all over the map your going to have brass with all different lengths.
That is why I like trimmers that do OAL then trimmers off the shoulders.

If you resize your brass and the shoulders are all over the map your going to have brass with all different lengths.
I agree they are good trimmers but you will have to reset them according to shoulders and even then you will get a little variance.

Giraud Trimmers index off the shoulder as well, I do not have a problem consistently sizing brass, so my trimmed lengths are very consistent, i have said this before and will continue to preach it, 99% of the people who post on Snipershide cannot shoot the difference in .010 trim lengths, this ain't Benchrest.

Giraud Trimmers index off the shoulder as well, I do not have a problem consistently sizing brass, so my trimmed lengths are very consistent, i have said this before and will continue to preach it, 99% of the people who post on Snipershide cannot shoot the difference in .010 trim lengths, this ain't Benchrest.

+1, Plenty of places to eliminate variation that matters. My Giraud does an outstanding job too; I don't think trim length from the shoulder or from OAL makes a hill of beans difference.

Nice video BTW, but I think Giraud is still the way to go :)

Last edited:

IMO, unless your case is set to be sized with .00" headspace in the chamber, or a slight crush fit, The measurement from shoulder to case mouth is MORE important than OAL. Inside the rifle's chamber, the shoulder will stop the case at a determined distance and the mouth will either have room to open, or will be pinched by the rifling, regardless of OAL. I would rather use the shoulder to set trim length.

Last edited:
Are you getting consistent lengths on the cases using the WFT? I'm having a heck of a time trimming .223. All re-sized together on the press before trimming and then I get some trim lengths that vary widely. I'm using a sized case to set the bit at the length I want and everything is tight...and then I end up with a case that gets trimmed a thou too short. Any advice?

I find that I get perfect reliable and consistent trims with 308 but I am also struggling with 223.

results vary up to .002 +/-

I have no clue why