• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Worst enemy in Iraq

Ravkin

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2008
Apple Valley. MN
Only thing that attacks us here are these things. Still haven't figured out how to take it out with my SAW.
cool.gif

Re: Worst enemy in Iraq

You mean the sandstorm, not the porta-john, right?
grin.gif

When I read the title of the thread I figured it would have been a pic of the MSM and Congress lol.

We only had to deal with sand storms for maybe two or three weeks in Baghdad, I want to say around April there about. I really only remember being out in like 2 storms.

well the porta shitter sucks the life out of you when its been in 120 deg weather when ya tryin to pay your taxes. but ya that sand storm was wicked. we have had a sand storm about every three or for days. love eating sand, so filling!

So tell me, has Uncle Sam managed to devise a pair of boots that won't fill up with sand several times a day? Back in 'Nam, on the beach of Tonkin Gulf at Cua Viet, I'd have hocked my left one for the pair of plain old suede desert boots that was sitting under my bed at home in Newark, NJ at the time.

Greg

they keep sand out of my boots as well as our flack jackets weighing less than five pounds. not happening for either.

I hated those damn things! Is it spring time there? If I remember correctly, you'd get those really visible fronts like that mostly in spring.

they did that for a about a month. now they just roll in and turn the whole area a copper color. so weird going out the hooch and every thing is a copper color. add to that 120+ temps. your instantly covered in sweat and sand. so nice!

We got caught a bunch of times by these bastards. They are not fun. Hadji likes to get out and place EFP's when this is going on. Your about guaranteed to have one go off the day after.

Here are pics.

url]

url]

Ravkin stay safe bro.