• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Worst reload I’ve ever seen.

Jgault

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2020
Keller, Texas
The range I go to is in the country and has a tactical course, when I’m out there if I see a interesting shell in the misfire bucket I’ll take it and put it on the wall of my workshop. Bottom left is a 44 long colt that the guy shoved so far into the casing it became a mini grenade, and he was trying to fire it when the owner stopped him. The 7.62x39 above it is almost as bad.
9239FB58-24D4-4397-BD8B-A163A9AB37ED.jpeg

Probably one of those “I’ve been reloading for 50 years I know what I’m doing” types
It was hysterical it was a few guys, the reason the owner went over to check is they were having misfire after misfire in a ar, he unloaded the long Colt took one look at the reloads and said ok you need to pack up, the guy asked which gun, he said all of them get the fuck off my range.

I don't reload, yet. Will be this winter with the new Area 419 press. But fuck, looks like that was loaded with some punches and a hammer on his wife's kitchen table. Even I know that is wrong.

There was a 44 Colt. Just don’t see them is all.

Seen worse myself

We were doing a group qual the other day on our clubs 300yd range and a guy brought a damn 300 Weatherby Mag to do the qualification...why I don't know.

Anyways, we get to the 100yd line to do the first part, and he starts single loading them, shoots one, single loads another. The RO kinda looked at him funny. When he finished, we sort of walked over there and the first thing we all noticed was his cases sitting there, looking like 300Wtby mag cases, but missing the neck almost entirely... Then we looked a the ammo he brought.... 300 Win Mag reloads lol.... like wtf dude.

You should see some of the 9s I have where the bullet went sideways and I didn't feel like stopping lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Gustav7
Did the exact same thing yesterday with a new seating die. Clearly most instructions suck!

We were doing a group qual the other day on our clubs 300yd range and a guy brought a damn 300 Weatherby Mag to do the qualification...why I don't know.

Anyways, we get to the 100yd line to do the first part, and he starts single loading them, shoots one, single loads another. The RO kinda looked at him funny. When he finished, we sort of walked over there and the first thing we all noticed was his cases sitting there, looking like 300Wtby mag cases, but missing the neck almost entirely... Then we looked a the ammo he brought.... 300 Win Mag reloads lol.... like wtf dude.
As messed up as this is, it's actually not unsafe. These magnum cases headspace on the belt, so the headspace is safe and the 300WinMag case is long enough the case neck is in the chamber neck of the 300Wby. Certainly NOT recommended, but not unsafe either.

Looks like he wanted his powder compressed. Also, probably as safe as that electrical wiring in the picture. 😉

Saw these in the random ammo bucket at our range a few months back

3B7883EF-0D39-4783-8916-F2DC3229C9D7.jpeg

Reactions: acudaowner
That may actually be a very low pressure round. I have heard of people deeply seating bullets over very light charges in revolvers to ensure they get enough pressure out of them to expand the brass enough to actually get a seal. Have no idea if it's a good idea or not. Seems to me you could just load enough powder to get the case to expand with a normal seating depth. People do all kinds of strange things when reloading.

Yep. There are instances when you would want to seat the bullet that deep.

I doubt that is what he was doing though.

The worst I have ever done in 30 years of reloading and I'm shitting on myself saying it is I actually seated a bullet with no powder and fired it.🤡
If Thats the worst, I’d say you’re doing pretty good. I fucked up the other day seating primers. Had a weird feel when I seated the primer and pulled it off my coax and I saw a little anvil staring at me 😬
B8ACF881-7DD6-4C5F-AC7D-5A1898A21776.jpeg

Reactions: XLR308
Those backwards primers are the worst. They shift the bullet into reverse and it can come back and hit you in the eye. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Krob95
Those backwards primers are the worst. They shift the bullet into reverse and it can come back and hit you in the eye. :)
I had no idea that was a possibility! I’ll definitely be trying that tonight. Should I increase or decrease powder loads?

I was not aware that calipers were that hard to use...