• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Worst Searcher Ever

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
So having kid most of you may under stand the "Have you seen my ...." where the item in question is in plain sight in an obvious spot

In our family I dub that person "Worst Searcher Ever".

Fast Forward to tonight, unpacking still and getting ready to fire up some 308 in brand new Peterson brass. The first 50 are sitting right by the press, the second 50 are....Lost.

I get the floodlights on in the reloading room. I go through each and every shelf item by item. I go to my office and search through the remaining boxes. I search the ammo stash. The powder stash. I clean up my office and find my old digital calibers. I find 200 new 6.5 manbun brass.

I get out the flashlight and search everything AGAIN to make sure it's not lurking in a corner. I totally get OCD and cannot rest even though I have plenty of 308 brass, but I MUST FIND THE MISSING BRASS.

Having learned that I get pissed and obsessed when shit goes missing (son still taunts me about a missing box of Bergers that I totally lost my shit over) I call down wife and daughter to give assistance.

I pull out the box and say it looks lik this, showing her the existing box, cat runs in, I turn around to grab the cat and there, on the brass shelf is the second box. In front.

WORST FUCKING SEARCHER EVER

taunting may now commence....

After my last move it took me 6 months to find the bolt for my 243win.
Found it in a box i had been through several time in plain site.

1684980394951.png

all those wasted years watching shows looking for big foot and it's always fake as f--k and the finding Atlantis only to come up with squat . animal true facts with ze frank is a million times better at least he is mostly funny .

So having kid most of you may under stand the "Have you seen my ...." where the item in question is in plain sight in an obvious spot

In our family I dub that person "Worst Searcher Ever".

Fast Forward to tonight, unpacking still and getting ready to fire up some 308 in brand new Peterson brass. The first 50 are sitting right by the press, the second 50 are....Lost.

I get the floodlights on in the reloading room. I go through each and every shelf item by item. I go to my office and search through the remaining boxes. I search the ammo stash. The powder stash. I clean up my office and find my old digital calibers. I find 200 new 6.5 manbun brass.

I get out the flashlight and search everything AGAIN to make sure it's not lurking in a corner. I totally get OCD and cannot rest even though I have plenty of 308 brass, but I MUST FIND THE MISSING BRASS.

Having learned that I get pissed and obsessed when shit goes missing (son still taunts me about a missing box of Bergers that I totally lost my shit over) I call down wife and daughter to give assistance.

I pull out the box and say it looks lik this, showing her the existing box, cat runs in, I turn around to grab the cat and there, on the brass shelf is the second box. In front.

WORST FUCKING SEARCHER EVER

taunting may now commence....
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

Must be a Doc thing.

I lost all my once fired Lapua 308W brass last night.

I looked high, low, here, there….EVERYWHERE……then when I had given up and went to just pull out some new brass…..I found it, all clean, prepped and primed.

I had completely forgotten about it.

I figure that’s as good as finding cash in a winter coat.

Now I just need to find time to test

Reactions: Bender
My grandmother would say to me : “ I’d send you to the ocean and you would come back and tell me there’s no water (eh, it was more like “no wadda’” haha)

‘But ma…I looked. It ain’t der’

Sound of cold wet sink cloth slapping me across the chops…but all in love. Hehe

I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

It's genetics. Women can find anything still from searching for plants, men can find anything moving from hunting.

The hardest part is explaining to my wife what I'm looking for. She usually finds it in 10 seconds after I've been looking for hours.

As a bonus it makes her really happy when she finds stuff and can call me a blind idiot. I'll take the humiliation if it means I quit going crazy.

Reactions: LeftyJason
No taunting from me. I’ve set my keys on the counter to open a few drawers…to look for my keys

My wife calls it "looking like a man". I hope so.

I am the same way.

I'm teaching my border collie to find household items like my flip flops. She's surprisingly effective, but items I want to keep out of her mouth like sunglasses are obviously a bad choice for this approach.

I often hear from my wife, "if it was a snake it would have bit you" after failing to find shit that is literally in front of my eyes.

When I can't find something it helps to have a different perspective and another set of eyes. But usually the wife moved it from where I placed it. I have no fucking clue of where it is and she forgets. It's hard to retrace your steps when someone else moves your things.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeftyJason
My wife says I "man looked". My 14 year old son is now coming down with this affliction. Apparently it's genetic. 😆

As you age, your vision is usually the second thing to go

let your wife know that bigfatcock is available

I recently "lost" some humidor packs. After tearing through everything ordered another pack from Amazon. After using two in a newly opened bottle of powder and my powder hopper decided "I should put these with my jugs of powder so I can find them next time". What do I find between two jugs of powder? The other bag of humidor packs... I did look there first, I swear!

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
A secret I have learned when looking for something on my workbench:

Stand in front of the bench and name (out loud) everything you see on the bench. When you hear yourself name the thing you were looking for, pick it up.

It works . . . for me anyway.

Lost my sunglasses and had to drive home with my regular ones. Got home and told my Wife "We got lot done today but I managed to lose my sunglasses"

She laughs out loud and asks how long I looked for them....I told her quite a while. Then she plucked them off the top of my head and told me I didn't look in the right places.

VooDoo

• Haha
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I locked my keys in my old truck, after using the coat hanger to finally get it opened, I remembered the spare door key I kept in my wallet. In my defense, I was very hungover and couldn't figure out why I locked my truck in the first place...

"Sometimes you have to lift something when looking for something else-" My Wife, allegedly...

The most used app on my phone is "Find my phone."