• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Worth $900?

Re: Worth $900?

There are usually some pretty solid deals in the FS section. I think there are a few NIB SPS Tacticals in there now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
No not a good deal, pretty overpriced as a matter of fact !!

Get one from this guy.... http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=987056&gonew=1#UNREAD </div></div>

That's the one I was mentioning. Pick up a new SPS tactical (or varmint) for ~$500, then spend the extra on mount, rings, optics, and bipod. You'll probably want to switch stocks eventually, but the Hogue will work for you 'till you upgrade to something better. My SPS varmint is sitting in a B&C Light Tactical. Nice stock, especially for less than $200.

"Vented, ergonomic, monte carlo stock" I deffinately wouldnt have bought something when the seller puts that as a high point... Plus if you buy something from a member here used, odds are pretty good it was well cared for!

my sps-v in .223 was purchased when i had no knowledge of precision shooting. but it was a rem700(which from reading was about the best you could mod on). and for the price, i thought, what the hell. so i walked out of dicks sporting goods with it for 549. shot it for a while and realized the stock was crap. bought an hs precision swat/tactical stock and noticed a huge performance diff. paid a little bit for the stock, but its worth it to me the way it shoots now. but an sps for 900 off the floor is a complete rip off.

$900 for a used SPS. Holy mother of god! That's twice too high. I paid $900 for my new 5R, no tax, no transfer fee. The last Sendero I bought used was $700. You sure take a risk buying a used rifle. Not like a shotgun or pistol where accuracy is less of a factor.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
$900 for a used SPS. Holy mother of god! That's twice too high. I paid $900 for my new 5R, no tax, no transfer fee. The last Sendero I bought used was $700. You sure take a risk buying a used rifle. Not like a shotgun or pistol where accuracy is less of a factor.
W
T
F

This is 10 years old.

Welcome to the necromancer club.

Reactions: 101stinfantry
9834638E-A567-49B9-B121-B008856B8394.jpeg

there should be a function written into the forum where threads older than, idk what 3 or 5 years get an auto ban of like a week

Does anyone know why these new members start with these old posts? I've seen it repeatedly. I don't think it's intentional.

That's a good explanation. I can see new members doing that and not realizing it's not a current topic. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Lonehill
I've also seen where a little bit of thread necro comes from looking for stuff with the search function. Welcome to the forums

Reactions: Lonehill