• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Worth Buying More?

Lastsaint21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2020
Ran some ammo across the Chrono, about 94 rounds..Is the ES high compared to the SD? SD's look good to me..I did have a really hot shot that blew the first string's ES to pieces..and it was the first shot of the day..The on the second string, I had one hot shot that blew the ES again. Both strings, though still averaged 1152..I am new to being able to get all this info so learning what it all means, and what is good and bad..On paper, it is pretty darn good..but getting into the numbers is something I want to learn more about..Here is the data..

Series
1​
Shots:
44​
Min
1138​
Max
1183​
Avg
1152​
S-D
6.9​
ES
45​

Series
2​
Shots:
50​
Min
1141​
Max
1172​
Avg
1152​
S-D
6​
ES
31​

Bear in mind that sometimes chronos might have bad readings. From what I have read, in a very large sample the ES should be SD multiplied by 6. So expect that. It is good to keep an eye on ES but SD is the most important as you can pretty much derive the ES from quite small number of shots from their SD alone.

Reactions: Lastsaint21
Bear in mind that sometimes chronos might have bad readings. From what I have read, in a very large sample the ES should be SD multiplied by 6. So expect that. It is good to keep an eye on ES but SD is the most important as you can pretty much derive the ES from quite small number of shots from their SD alone.
Thank you!

Ran some ammo across the Chrono, about 94 rounds..Is the ES high compared to the SD? SD's look good to me..I did have a really hot shot that blew the first string's ES to pieces..and it was the first shot of the day..The on the second string, I had one hot shot that blew the ES again. Both strings, though still averaged 1152..I am new to being able to get all this info so learning what it all means, and what is good and bad..On paper, it is pretty darn good..but getting into the numbers is something I want to learn more about..Here is the data..

Series
1​
Shots:
44​
Min
1138​
Max
1183​
Avg
1152​
S-D
6.9​
ES
45​

Series
2​
Shots:
50​
Min
1141​
Max
1172​
Avg
1152​
S-D
6​
ES
31​
First shot out of a Clean bbl will always be fast. Opposite of CF. Was that the case ? Once bbl is warm, keep it warm. A certain delay may allow for condensation to occur resulting in an errant speed. Supersonic ammo can shoot well, typically in a high DA. Depending on your game, an errant shot may ruin your day or be a minor inconvenience. How far out of group is poi ?

First shot out of a Clean bbl will always be fast. Opposite of CF. Was that the case ? Once bbl is warm, keep it warm. A certain delay may allow for condensation to occur resulting in an errant speed. Supersonic ammo can shoot well, typically in a high DA. Depending on your game, an errant shot may ruin your day or be a minor inconvenience. How far out of group is poi ?
It was not out of a clean barrel..One of the first times I have ever shot it dirty..Honey dew list had me under the gun for time. I need to scope and check for a carbon ring but I doubt there is one, as the gun (except for this time) gets cleaned including chamber after about 150-200 shots.. I actually cant tell you where that shot went..It was my first shot, and I still had the scope dialed on the last target from the match before. It was cold that day for here..about 35 -38 degrees..