• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would a "AW" ban prevent the sale of parts?

Bunnyblaster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Southern IL
I'm young enough I don't remember what it was like during the "AW" ban between 94 and 04. If they were able to push something like that through again, would it also ban the sale of parts? Would all stocks be pinned? All barrels be un- threaded? Etc.

I'm going to buy some stuff for a build (or put my name in anyway), and was just curious what I should buy first. I've jumped on the AR bandwagon a little late.

Re: Would a "AW" ban prevent the sale of parts?

All bets are off. I wouldn't buy in an attempt to second-guess legislation and Executive Orders, and I'd buy with the understanding that I might not get to enjoy any of it for very long at all.

For what its worth, I just got off with my rep's office. He told me they didn't see any chance of something passing the house. Man I hope not. Still starting the build.

I bought a couple extra 223 lowers and a LR-308 lower in case I can never buy another. I would like to build one of each in the future, just not enough money to attempt a whole gun right now. I hope it doesn't pass, but it doesn't look good.

Well buddy I hope any AW ban doesn't limit parts. I've got a lower kit on the way. I was holding out for a stripped lower to become available as they were kind of hard to come by before all this stuff blew up. Now they are impossible. Luckily I already have a lower I can shoot my recently assembled upper on. I guess it looks like I'm going to be waiting a while for the stripped lower. I'm not willing to drink the cool-aid and pay the gouged prices.

Sit back guys, this is going to be a fun to see what comes out of DC.

even if it doesn't include parts you can guarantee price gouging will be at its worst and any parts for them will have sky rocketed through the roof, last ban caused Mags alone that were $13-$20 to be sold anywhere from $50-$100.