• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Would like to hear from owners of Rifle Basix

Phil Burns

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
West Virginia, USA
Triggers for Remington 700. What are you opinions of these triggers? The one I've been thinking about is (I think) the LV-1. It's 8oz to 1.5 lbs and uses the factory safety parts. What can you tell me about this trigger? Would you buy another one? Thanks for any help guys.

Re: Would like to hear from owners of Rifle Basix

Use them all the time. No issues. Good field trigger if one plans on shooting in dirty conditions.

I however don't need a trigger that light and use the L-1.

This trigger will only use the safety parts from the old Remington trigger. If you have a newer X-Mark trigger you will need the Rifle Basix trigger with the "K" designator, as in LV-1K.

not to hijack the thread, but instead of making my own..

how wide is the trigger shoe? is it wide like the timneys? i feel that the timneys might be a little too wide for me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chickeneye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not to hijack the thread, but instead of making my own..

how wide is the trigger shoe? is it wide like the timneys? i feel that the timneys might be a little too wide for me </div></div>

Like the old style Remington trigger.

I've been using one for about four months now. It doesn't break like a Jewell, but it's a nice trigger. I'm happy with it.

I've had one for a year or 2. Through my own ignorance, I had a problem adjusting it, but a phone call to Rifle Basix & I was set. They were very helpful. I'm planning to buy another one for a current project.

Great product and a great company to deal with.

Nothing wrong with Jewell, but if you figure in cost the Rifle Basix is the better trigger. Much more bang for the buck.....pun intended.

Big fan of the LV-1 for targets/varmints.

Had 2 of them for 3 years now, both set at 3.5lbs. GTG.

You won't be sorry.

I have Jewell and Rifle Basix. The honest truth is that I like the Rifle Basix the best.........

I also have jewell and rifle basix. I too think the rifle basix is a better product.

I am a fan of the L-1 factory set at 2.5lbs, no problems with either of my two. Both have around 1200 live fire pulls and about the same dry fired.

I have an LV-1K on a Remmy 700LA and like it a lot.I am actually ordering another one tomorrow.This will be going on a Lawton 7000 with a side bolt release.Do I call them and just order one with safety only and no bolt release?

I ordered a Jewell for my 280AI build and couldnt find the damn thing so went with the Basix a friend had for sale. I have since found the Jewell but am still using the Basix. I like the wide trigger shoe on it. Will use the jewell on my next build I suppose. Though I wouldnt have second thoughts about getting another basix.

Potlicker said:
Triggers for Remington 700. What are you opinions of these triggers? The one I've been thinking about is (I think) the LV-1. It's 8oz to 1.5 lbs and uses the factory safety parts. What can you tell me about this trigger? Would you buy another one? Thanks for any help guys. [/quote

I have the LV-1 and have had nothing but problems since the day i installed it. The trigger has a ton of creep . I called Rifle Basix after searching the web for their phone # since they don't provide it with the trigger . I explained to them that the trigger had creep upon installation but they refused to hear it instead they insist that "I" must have adjusted the trigger incorrectly. Would i buy another one ? Absofuckinglutely not. Buy a Timney and you can still use the factory safety and the customer service is great.

I blanked two primers while using my Jewell and it locked up after a total of 20 rounds out of my 6.5x47L. While it was off at Jewell being repaired, I installed a Rifle Basix and when the Jewell returned, I sold it.

I think they are a little on the cheezy side. They just feel pretty cheap. While they seem to perform well, I would put them towards the bottom of the list.

Mark

I've been using one on my personal weapon for several years. I've experienced no problems and am totally satisfied with the quality and performance. Everyone that shoots my weapon is truly impressed with the trigger.

As a gun builder and gunsmith I've installed all types of triggers. I recommend Rifle Basix triggers as an alternative (strictly for cost reasons) to the Jewell triggers to clients that are on a budget.

Hope that helps.