• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would like to verify my load data please.

BIPMaster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Arkansas
I am loading for a CMMG .308, and I am using LC10 brass, BL-C(2), CCI #200, and 150gr surplus bullets. These will be for plinking so I am not worried about gnats ass accuracy.
I weighed a few bullets and they averaged about 152gr. Ogive measurement differed by around .20. I probably should have sorted them before loading my test rounds. I loaded them to 2.800" at the tip, and checked them in a PMAG to ensure fit. My question is based on the cannelure location. On these bullets it is very low on the body of the bullet compared to Hornady 150gr FMJ. I usually just seat to the cannelure with FMJ plinking bullets, but on these I had to seat past the cannelure. Does the seating depth sound about right, or should I seat them deeper? Thanks in advance.

All you can do is load to mag length or shorter unless you want to make your gun a single shot. It sounds like the cannelure is hidden once you seat to 2.800-if this is the case then so be it, leave it alone and don't worry about a crimp long as you have good neck tension. If the cannelure is still exposed, then you can seat deeper to the cannelure if you want, but I wouldn't.

I always load to max mag length minus about .010" to allow for the occasional longer bullet to insure reliable feeding.

The 152 s could be older 30 06 projos and will seat past the cannelure.They should be fine.Load to mag length and let em fly.