• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would Like Your Opinions

want to be

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2018
What is everyone's opinion on a hand-lapped match-grade savage barrel by Shilen in a varmint contour @ 22" for an Origin 223 action? What is the opinion on accuracy for a Shilen barrel? Looking at this just because it is in stock. There are others that I would prefer, but not in stock.

Are there no thoughts out there on a Shilen barrel for accuracy? Help me before I spend my money.

Would not hesitate buying one........... All four of mine ,in different calibers shoot small groups ,I'm happy . All are 4 groove ,ratchet rifling.

Thanks for your comments, I plan on ordering tomorrow. Just wanted some encouragement. Like I said wanted something different.

I have not owned one but I have shot one and I was impressed. I am surprised that Shilen doesn't come up more often to be honest. Anyone know why that is?
The tide turned to cut rifled barrels. Bartlein changed the game with their new (at the time) machines, which allowed customization that wasn't available prior. Gain twist, left hand twist, etc.

Reactions: TSULLI