• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would really like some help

NOLASAILOR54

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2020
Hey guys,

I just got accepted into the local long range shooting club here in my region of Louisiana and would like to get into LRP.

From what I've read, a TIKKA TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor would be the best entry rifle. As for a scope, I am thinking of the Vortex Razor HD GEN2 4.5-27x56 w/ MRAD reticle.

What type of scope mount and what type of ATLAS bipod would yall recommend?

Thanks again (and so sorry if this keeps getting asked and asked and asked again!)

Cheers,

Marm

I don't have a tac a1, but can say a flat top rail generally requires ~1.5" height to clear a 56mm bell + cap. I love the ARC rings but haven't tried their mounts. I like the LRA bipods, haven't tried Atlas. Most people will recommend what they have - I've tried enough rings to say just spend the 200 bucks and buy good rings, but bipods I haven't been through the ringer. Have an Accu-Tac and 3 LRA's.

Reactions: NOLASAILOR54
Good choice on rifle and scope 👍
Any quality scope mount will do fine.
Seekins, Badger, Nightforce, ARC, RRS, SPUHR, etc
The Atlas is a great choice for bipod, the CAL model should suit you well.

Reactions: NOLASAILOR54