• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would these work ? used for .308 Sub Projo's

Could work fine. Hopefully they will match your bore diameter. .001 over bore diameter seems to be a rule for cast bullets. And, sometimes they use harder lead and lube to avoid damage in shipment which is even more critical to CB performance. 10 grains of Unique give me @ 1200 fps in my .308 with that weight bullet. If you want sub performance, start with about 5 grains of Bullseye, and drop it .5 grains at a time until you stick a bullet. Push it out and go back up .5 to 1.0 grains or so. That will be about as low and quiet as you can get. If you are going to use the .308 on critters, I'd rather use a 180 to 200 grain bullet. Mass helps penetration. JMHO

I'm running 9.5 grs Trail Boss behind 170gr RN right now with good accuracy , but these are getting scarce and expensive and I'd like to save them for hogs ....like to load up and try these if you guys think they would work ok ? Mostly be used on light duty work ....coons , opossum ,skunks and maybe a coyote if they come close enough in ?

Those will work but a 170-200 gr will hit harder and provide a better wound channel. I run a 180gr cast Lyman semi pointed w/a Hornday gas check over 7.0grs of clays or 6.5grs of 700X Always start at a higher speed and work down until the crack goes away then drop .3-.4 grs and you should be good. NEVER, EVER install a can while working up/down a load. After you have the load worked and it's GROUPING WELL then add the can and finalize your testing. To do so before might require your can to be repaired or worst. Cast loads are sized .001-003 bigger that a jacketed bullet. Most gun will like a .001 larger but some like a cast bullet 2-.003 bigger. Never run a cast bullet in a button rifled barrel even with a gas check, the buttons will strip lead and build it up very quickly. Never use a Lyman gas check with a break or can the Lyman is designed to exit the bullet at the crown.

If anyone cares , here is a follow up on these . I loaded up about 20 with 9.0 gr TrailBoss and shot without can on at 75 yds ....nice round holes , put can on but just a bit too hot on powder as I still got sonic crack . Gonna drop down to 8gr and give it another try but they look like they will work good and are pretty cheap considering reloading components these days .