• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would you intervene?

• Thread starter Deleted member 137765
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 137765

Watch this highly upsetting video:

I dunno if the truck driver is a gutless (insert kitty term here) or a criminal but he is not me. I would have immediately pulled my phone out, flip to video and ask the female, "Is this man attacking you? Is he attempting to kidnap you? Are you in fear of your life?" Any response confirming criminality on the guy's part would force me to action. AFTER DIALING 911 AND REQUESTING POLICE (leaving the line open so everything was recorded) I would select from 3 options instantly at my disposal:

1. Pepper Spray to aid in detaining the man for Police.
2. My flashlight in case the spray is ineffective (some drugs can cause this this effect). My flashlight ain't subtle, I keep it in the truck door:

3. I carry a sidearm but would not draw it unless I felt the imminent threat of fatality existed for myself or the female. If the guy pulls a weapon, that's enough.

I would not watch and drive off like nothing happened. I am my brother's keeper...his sister too. I have daughters and seeing this disturbs me greatly. People seem more obliged to video violent crime than help innocent victims. I would record the female to mitigate my legal headaches following the incident knowing the station would likely have video surveillance as well. I would avoid injuring the guy badly and attempt to subdue him without sending him to the ER. That said, given the option between him carrying the female off or me swinging at his cranium to stop a kidnapping...well, the guy's gonna need aspirin. JMO...I could be wrong. I also carry a tactical pen and huge zip ties in my truck.

I live in California so I know I'm being arrested which is why I am also calling my 2A attorney and keeping my mouth shut until he arrives. I would only tell the responding officers that I called for them, identify the guy as the perp and the female is the victim. Witnesses and video footage will help them determine if I'm a bad guy or a sheep dawg.

For those who are trained and know...is my response sufficient to save the girl and not get indicted?

Or it was an obvious setup/distraction for a robbery or maybe a lawsuit.

That said, yeah… I would have intervened, while calling 911

I have gotten involved in a situation like that. There was a used car dealership across the street from a shop where I worked right out of high school. A couple was trading in their BMW and started arguing in the parking lot. Dude pulls her hair and stomps on her foot hard enough to break her heel and cause her to limp around while bawling hysterically.

I come in like a knight in shining armor only to my ass beat to a pulp. BAD. I come to and the crazy bitch is standing over me, cursing me out while bouncing around on one leg like she was riding a pogo stick. My coworkers are laughing hysterically and I got the nickname "bone" because my boss swears he heard my ribs crack.

Fuck that. I'll step in for someone, but I'll never get in the middle of a lovers quarrel again. EVER.

I dunno if the truck driver is a gutless (insert kitty term here) or a criminal but he is not me. I would have immediately pulled my phone out, flip to video and ask the female, "Is this man attacking you? Is he attempting to kidnap you? Are you in fear of your life?" Any response confirming criminality on the guy's part would force me to action. AFTER DIALING 911 AND REQUESTING POLICE (leaving the line open so everything was recorded) I would select from 3 options instantly at my disposal:

2. My flashlight in case the spray is ineffective (some drugs can cause this this effect). My flashlight ain't subtle, I keep it in the truck door:

3. I carry a sidearm but would not draw it unless I felt the imminent threat of fatality existed for myself or the female. If the guy pulls a weapon, that's enough.

I would not watch and drive off like nothing happened. I am my brother's keeper...his sister too. I have daughters and seeing this disturbs me greatly. People seem more obliged to video violent crime than help innocent victims. I would record the female to mitigate my legal headaches following the incident knowing the station would likely have video surveillance as well. I would avoid injuring the guy badly and attempt to subdue him without sending him to the ER. That said, given the option between him carrying the female off or me swinging at his cranium to stop a kidnapping...well, the guy's gonna need aspirin. JMO...I could be wrong. I also carry a tactical pen and huge zip ties in my truck.

I live in California so I know I'm being arrested which is why I am also calling my 2A attorney and keeping my mouth shut until he arrives. I would only tell the responding officers that I called for them, identify the guy as the perp and the female is the victim. Witnesses and video footage will help them determine if I'm a bad guy or a sheep dawg.

For those who are trained and know...is my response sufficient to save the girl and not get indicted?

lol what a jok
you think this sequence of events works. You sound like a lib here, let me call 911, flip out my phone to record answers, grab the pepper spray. fret not, a guy below you is worse and wouldn't do squat

man up and act like a man

yes I actually saved a woman from an abusive mate and got a town citizen award. I ACT!

I know you're from Cali so it should be expected but you really sound like a fag. We don't need the play by play on how you're going to pull off this act of heroism. Just do what you gotta do and leave it at that.

In my younger days, I would have stuck the gas nozzle back into the pump, and would have run the guy down(on foot) and attempted to stop him from putting her into the SUV.
Now, I would have dialed 911, and placed my vehicle/self in front of his SUV.
Sure, could there be a chance I could get my ass run over, yep.
OR... I could have just hosed the F, then took out my lighter, then made the comment...."Do you feel lucky...PUNK!" Mac🤣

Reactions: Mwalex
I think I would have been “now everyone just hold on a goddamned minute”. As quickly I could try to see if it was just bullshit and / or wait til the popo to arrive. She could have been tweeking and he was just trying to get her outta there. She could have been playing or in serious trouble. My thought/ hope is once another person interjects and if she was playing, it usually would stop with a “ we’re just kidding” or something similar. But you never know. shit like this can go sideways in a second. Domestics are also among the most dangerous calls police get.

Would have been my luck, ask the gal if she needs help, she says yep. You step up and help, fuck the guy up, what ever, then when the cops show up the bitch turns on you. Says you assaulted her and her pimp. Two against one. You go to jail.
Tough call to get involved or not.

Hmmm...varying maturity levels here. Enjoy your drinks boys. View attachment 7741439
as i have said before to similar questions, it is far too easy to say "i would..." in hypothetical situations.
of course i am operator af and would use non-lethal means to detain the man until law enforcement could arrive to assess the situation.
or i am gray man and don't involve myself in situations that don't threaten my own safety or that of my family and close friends.
which one do you like?

Seriously, if she was telling him to stop, I'd have busted him up really bad and called 911. If she flipped and attacked me, I'd have busted her up, too. That's must me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: M7rtim and james22
“No, no, stop” is how some get off.
If my interpretation of her English, was that he was hurting her and she was retreating, I would have put the hurt on his sorry, woman beating ass. Where I live, I'd be good to go.

I have gotten involved in a situation like that. There was a used car dealership across the street from a shop where I worked right out of high school. A couple was trading in their BMW and started arguing in the parking lot. Dude pulls her hair and stomps on her foot hard enough to break her heel and cause her to limp around while bawling hysterically.

I come in like a knight in shining armor only to my ass beat to a pulp. BAD. I come to and the crazy bitch is standing over me, cursing me out while bouncing around on one leg like she was riding a pogo stick. My coworkers are laughing hysterically and I got the nickname "bone" because my boss swears he heard my ribs crack.

Fuck that. I'll step in for someone, but I'll never get in the middle of a lovers quarrel again. EVER.

If only you had remembered to bring your tactical flashlight to work that day.

is it fair to your family to put the life/health of the main breadwinner in danger to help a stranger? no.
but could i just stand there and do nothing? probably not.

You're so naive I need Tylenol from the headache.

Not even going to critique your post, there's no point. It's America, do what you want and live with the consequences.

Me, I'll call the guys that are on duty with the plate number. If I'm really feeling my oats I might even follow the vehicle with location updates. Full stop.

All that other bullshit you spewed, you ain't never been close to a life or death situation in your entire existence and it shows, Rambo.

Bizarre.
I'd probably give that guy a "Fuck off idiot" and see what he did from there.
Always good to have them escalate the situation, especially when it's in a surveillance area.
Doubt I wouldn't intervene.
You see the weirdest shit at servos.

Reactions: Maggot
I do enjoy the bravado in these threads. Y'all realize they're firing and charging cops, criminally, despite their training and experience after being SENT to shit like this when it doesn't work out the way some media moron thinks it should, right?

And you guys think you're going to ride in on a white horse with your CCW sashes and save the meth addicted damsels in distress?

good-luck-with-that-batman.gif

Yeah I have been in a similar situation, only the dude punched the chick and knocked her out for a bit. I won't go into what happened but I got involved heavily. I was young then too and this was 20 years ago. Anyway, I left before the cops got there(in retrospect a bad idea) and then the next day was talking to a detective about it..... the chick lied and I almost got into serious trouble. The only saving grace was that the beat cops had been called on this same guy before on a domestic call and the gas station clerk saw the woman on the ground not moving before I hit him. That was 20 years ago! Now days it's much more risky regardless of what has just happened in front of you. What has happened to many cops who are supposed to do that stuff is a great example of just how risky it is. Can't risk my family's livelihood like that.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
In the end, apathy, will be the main cause for societal downfall.

Now, back to checking for early black Friday deals.

I understand and agree with the idea of not knowing the full situation, and how risky it is to get involved without any real facts .
With that said , I can't watch that video without thinking , what if that was my daughter being kidnapped.
If it was , I would probably be paying a visit to the bystander right after I finished up with the kidnapper!

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I understand and agree with the idea of not knowing the full situation, and how risky it is to get involved without any real facts .
With that said , I can't watch that video without thinking , what if that was my daughter being kidnapped.
If it was , I would probably be paying a visit to the bystander right after I finished up with the kidnapper!

Exactly, there could be completely legit reasons that dude went caveman and yanked the woman out from under the vehicle with her kicking and screaming for help.

Reactions: Docsherm
Simple answer, I would have told them BOTH to get the Fuck away from my truck.

If they want to play stupid game , do it someplace else. If they get within an arms reach of me they are both going to the ground and waiting there for the cops to get them.

I saw a similar situation at a rural WV gas station a long time ago.

I was on a beer run with a bluegrasspicker-ette who was all of 100#. She's one of those mountain girls who punches double her weight class, though!

I offered the crying girl a ride while my friend covered me with the two-ton deadly weapon's engine running. The raging dude was still raging and was none-too-happy about it.

The girl accepted the ride.

We took her to her folks' house. They were grateful, and all ended well. I remember it was in the middle of nowhere, and they figured the guy would show up. There was a peace in her father's eye that told me everything was under control at that point. Maybe it was the deer rifle. Anyhow, we left.

I get people's apprehension, but I'm glad that we stepped in. This happened about 20 years ago, and it would bother me to this day if we hadn't helped.

Reactions: camocorvette
Dude with the truck played that like he'd seen it before. Just another Saturday evening in SLC...

I do enjoy the bravado in these threads.

Gun forums always get this stuff because you have the couch commandos who read gun magazines all day and geezers who want to blather about how they were the toughest guy in Orange County back in '71. Self defense flashlight shaped like one of those little baseball bat novelty pens? Fucking really????

And then people always think the cops will be on their side. I had a run in with a dementia neighbor awhile back and the cops didn't do shit. In fact they took his side and the locals wanted to charge me with disorderly conduct because I told the guy to "fuck himself." They thought I was some crazy tough guy and he was some poor little old man.

On a serious note… first things first, they would be told to get away from my vehicle. Chances are, my family may be with me or I have valuables within arms reach and the driver door is open and keys are probably in the ignition. When they run up to my location and entered my space with their drama it becomes my problem until they get out of my space. Protecting myself and mine is priority #1 at that point. From there, my reaction and involvement depends on if they get away from my property, de escalate or continue to escalate and if the dude actually assaults the chick during this commotion(like physically punches her, pushes her to the ground, etc).

On a serious note… first things first, they would be told to get away from my vehicle. Chances are, my family may be with me or I have valuables within arms reach and the driver door is open and keys are probably in the ignition. When they run up to my location and entered my space with their drama it becomes my problem until they get out of my space. Protecting myself and mine is priority #1 at that point. From there, my reaction and involvement depends on if they get away from my property, de escalate or continue to escalate and if the dude actually assaults the chick during this commotion(like physically punches her, pushes her to the ground, etc).
Wouldn't physically grabbing and dragging someone out from under a vehicle be assault ?

Reactions: black5.3
Wouldn't physically grabbing and dragging someone out from under a vehicle be assault ?
Yes it absolutely is a form of assault, but not to the level that im ready to intervene and potentially have to take a life when he try’s to pull a knife on me or some other craziness. Like others have said, she may be tweaking out of her mind and if that’s the case, I want the dude to grab her and drag her out from under my truck so I don’t have to touch her. Based on the information I have through the video, my initial response is where I start.