• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would you pay $50/yr to have SH remain ad free?

USMCj

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2008
Nazzifornia
this is just for fun, but I want to see how many would be willing to pay to have this site remain ad free, and please be serious about your vote! dont vote yes just because.

I for one, would love to see this site go full member only, that way we would have less idiots on this site that are not serious about shooting, and LL could make the money he needs to keep this place ad free. Whos with me?

Re: Would you pay $50/yr to have SH remain ad free?

P.S. And NO I do not want to take a quiz to find out if I am a hot mama!

But I do want to play a free game shooting others in the nutts!

Guys be honest, I'm curious about this myself. Think of it as if you had to shell out $50 RIGHT NOW, to continue, would you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys be honest, I'm curious about this myself. Think of it as if you had to shell out $50 RIGHT NOW, to continue, would you? </div></div>

Exactly!!!!!!!! I was thinking it, you said it!!!

didn't Lowlight already say it was out of the question?

You fags,

He already made the decision. You don't have a say in anything. You are all just little bitches that cry far to much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexanAviator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">didn't Lowlight already say it was out of the question? </div></div>

He's said it many times before, but people just don't listen.

internet_off.jpg

ROFLMAO.... Like making people pay $50/ year will keep the idiots away...

Newsflash, idiots have money too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Stick.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You fags,

He already made the decision. You don't have a say in anything. You are all just little bitches that cry far to much. </div></div>

What part of this is just for fun dont you understant fucktard? Its the idiots like you that would get weeded out if this site wernt pay or dont play. You fuckin cheap bastards are willing to put up with anything as long as this shit stays free.

I wouldn't pay $50.

For me, I feel like the quality of the posts & content has gone downhill.

We are now rehashing the same stuff every 2 weeks, instead of every 6 months. The folks who have the most to offer post less.

People refuse to do basic leg work before they post. Want to know how much a scope weighs? Try the Manufacturer's web site, first!

We did something like this at our Club, not by imposing a fee, but by increasing it to a very respectable number. Our membership dropped by about 75%-80% and although we survive, we do so just barely. A lot of the 'undesirable' issues were eliminated by their own choice. I keep bringing the question up about once a year amd each time, the consensus is to continue the policy. But there is a price, and it comes in the form of very limited resources.

Everything is a series of tradeoffs.

Greg

No, but I'd pay $50 to buy ad blocking software and get 100% of my web browsing ad free forever. Thankfully ad blocking software is free.

The best trade off on loosing members -vs- making money would be to offer a 2 tier membership, those that want to pay X$'s a year get ad free viewing, maybe even access to a few forums that the free users don't and those that don't pay deal with the ads. That would also let those people that didn't want to deal with the same ?'s asked all the time and newbies avoid them by staying on their little membership only forums though I think we'd find just as many idiots would pay the $, as others have said idiots have money too.

It was suggested and shot down by admin, maybe it's too much work, maybe it's not possible with the forum software, I don't know. Which is fine, their site their rules, but I don't feel bad about using software to block the ads then either.