• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Would you take the shot?

SicVic

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2021
Michigan
Yup, another video by me...

Shoot by myself for fun so I use this as a way to interact and to get feedback on the shot and the video itself.

Please send some comments as to how you rate the difficulty or thoughts on the practical training application of a shot like this. (I see there were Instructors on here)
I feel it makes for a pretty good trainer.

The apple is a pretty large target for the distance but some of the factors involved can show flaws and create accuracy issues.

I feel it covers a lot of the elements found in the newer tactical shooting venues that are popping up or being published in mainstream Magazines today.
I'm not a competitor nor have I been to an event but I see this style in recent articles featuring those elite groups.

I have fun with it but I understand it's not for everyone.
I really enjoy the Hobby and learning as I go.
Comments, feedback or questions would be great.
Thanks Hide!
Vic

In the original story, the freedom fighting hero pulled 2 arrows for the job.
He knew the risks and was prepared for the consequences.

Reactions: Evolution 9
Did something similar, but twas only 40-50ish yards.

As no one would let me borrow a kid to use as a apple stand, and there was no evil king handy in case I missed the apple, I just put two through the same little crab apple.

EA00-C803-9-DA7-4687-9720-F4-ADC633822-E.jpg

Interesting mythos, apparently the story has been repeated in many cultures

From what I understand there is no real Documentation that Mr Tell actually did indeed attempt such act.
I did read that it's believed that the story may have originated with the Vikings.
This sounds much more likely after a heavy Friday night of drinking in their past culture...

My subject was purchased off A-Zon for the lowly price of $20 (King not included)

I
In the original story, the freedom fighting hero pulled 2 arrows for the job.
He knew the risks and was prepared for the consequences.
Think my biggest risk was Cardiac Arrest half way back to the gun...

i mean, there are people who are dumb enough to make videos like this. so there is that.

Meh. At that range and that size of a target, meh, I wouldn’t do it, but I don’t have too much of a reaction to others doing it as long as it’s all participating parties. Frankly I have more of a “you have a death wish” moment when I see a fat person eating fast food

Last edited:
Meh. At that range and that size of a target, meh, I wouldn’t do it, but I don’t have too much of a reaction to others doing it as long as it’s all participating parties. Frankly I have more of a “you have a death wish” moment when I see a far person eating fast food
i guess i think about all the random shit that can go wrong. Let's say the last round fired before this shot killed that optic. He would not know until he pulled the trigger. Again, lets say that one round, was in some way defective. I suppose i would not want the legal trouble of making that guys head, act just like that watermelon due to a random chance of misfortune. That said i can take the tab off a coke can at 50 yards with my 22wmr. Doesn't mean i want to shoot an egg off a persons head just cause i "could"

i guess i think about all the random shit that can go wrong. Let's say the last round fired before this shot killed that optic. He would not know until he pulled the trigger. Again, lets say that one round, was in some way defective. I suppose i would not want the legal trouble of making that guys head, act just like that watermelon due to a random chance of misfortune. That said i can take the tab off a coke can at 50 yards with my 22wmr. Doesn't mean i want to shoot an egg off a persons head just cause i "could"

Lots of people say similar things about jumping dirt bikes, sky diving, racing cars, and on and on.

Now would I shoot a melon off someone’s head, nope, would I have a melon shot off my head, nope, but there’s some stuff I probably do the two in the video probably wouldn’t do ether 🤷‍♂️

As long as it’s participating parties only, I hope they have fun and don’t splat, I also wish our “justice $ystem” would stay in its own fucking lane and just stick to crimes with real (unwilling) victims

Lots of people say similar things about jumping dirt bikes, sky diving, racing cars, and on and on.

Now would I shoot a melon off someone’s head, nope, would I have a melon shot off my head, nope, but there’s some stuff I probably do the two in the video probably wouldn’t do ether 🤷‍♂️

As long as it’s participating parties only, I hope they have fun and don’t splat, I also wish our “justice $ystem” would stay in its own fucking lane and just stick to crimes with real (unwilling) victims
that i can agree on. The only difference is, i may take risk with my own life. Like i've been skydiving, i ride motorcycles on and off road, i do other dumb things for fun. The difference is this, my mistake hurt me, shooting a melon off someone else's head, well, the shooters mistakes hurt someone else. I say people should be allowed legally, and morally to play games with their own life, but that changes when playing games with the life of someone else....... Just my humble opinion on the matter.

that i can agree on. The only difference is, i may take risk with my own life. Like i've been skydiving, i ride motorcycles on and off road, i do other dumb things for fun. The difference is this, my mistake hurt me, shooting a melon off someone else's head, well, the shooters mistakes hurt someone else. I say people should be allowed legally, and morally to play games with their own life, but that changes when playing games with the life of someone else....... Just my humble opinion on the matter.

Ever ride with a chick on the back of your bike?

As long as it’s eyes wide open, and participating parties

Nice shooting and enjoyed the video. Putting the intended scenario in full reality consequences context, the amount of confidence required in a police sniper during a hostage situation is pretty astounding.

What fucking idiots in the melon on the head video! I've done my fair share of dangerous and stupid shit, but Beavis and Butthead here have me beat by a long shot.

Nice shooting and enjoyed the video. Putting the intended scenario in full reality consequences context, the amount of confidence required in a police sniper during a hostage situation is pretty astounding.
Thank you very much.
I really enjoyed making and learning from it. (As with all my shots)

You're pretty much on point with what I was trying to get across.
There are folks out there who are relied upon to take shots like this in real time.

I had it easy compared to the "go doer's".
Gun set-up was cherry, I freaked out over dope for like 20 minutes... Not at all like dropping down a rope and having to be on point.
Reeling in the breathing is the toughest.
I know what works best for me but it takes some attention to get there.

I thought the head would add a bit of mental strain to the shot but after debriefing myself I realized it went unnoticed.
In the end, running full bore and then requiring yourself to be spot on accurate immediately after is a challenge and something I think can be a useful trainer.
Again, thanks for watching and the feedback.
Vic

An outtake with the sped up running video and yakkity sax would have been gold.

What fucking idiots in the melon on the head video! I've done my fair share of dangerous and stupid shit, but Beavis and Butthead here have me beat by a long shot.

Police sniper has qualified immunity, knowing that blow back to overspray ratio, Id say more confidence required in that close range melon shot.

Police sniper has qualified immunity, knowing that blow back to overspray ratio, Id say more confidence required in that close range melon shot.
In any live shoot situation collateral damage has the same repercussions on the shooter. You take it with you.
Now from a legal standpoint; I'd have to agree. The melon shooting Kidd would be screeeewed.
What's your opinion on shot difficulty in comparison? He's melon vs my apple...
Mine running, distance, tgt size, no warm ups, etc vs his shot as you see it in the video.
Forgot the morality of it for a second...

What shot would you think you'd have a better chance making?

In any live shoot situation collateral damage has the same repercussions on the shooter. You take it with you.
Now from a legal standpoint; I'd have to agree. The melon shooting Kidd would be screeeewed.
Mine running, distance, tgt size, no warm ups, etc vs his shot as you see it in the video.

the shot you made was much more difficult and actually quite impressive. That being said, would you have made the very same shot, if that Mannequin was a real person.

That’s insane pressure on the scooter in a real situation especially coupled with your endocrine system in overdrive.

Clearly the your apple shot required more skill

Reactions: SicVic
would you have made the very same shot, if that Mannequin was a real person.
Agreed... I thought the Mannequin would at some level add another layer of tension to the shot.
It did as I set things up but once I pushed the start button on the watch the focus just went to completing the next step.
Run, mount gun, control breathing, eye position on scope, see clear dot in reticle on apple.
Two things I don't remember thinking about was the head or pressing the trigger.
Something really cool that goes a bit unnoticed is the round itself.

It's a dorky reloading thing but you made a round that did exactly what you designed it to do.
I Feel the same sense of accomplishment about that as I do the shot. I know... Dork-o

That’s insane pressure on the scooter in a real situation especially coupled with your endocrine system in overdrive.
I was acting like a full blown Crack Head just setting up the shot.
Surprised I didn't take a chunk otta the wall of the house or something.
Only about a 6" gap as the shot was pied off.
Good times.

We could do this on a rotation. If your interested PM me. Nice shooting. I live near the tip of the mit.
By rotation are you insinuating that I put the apple on my head; you take the shot then we flip and repeat...?? I've heard of you people liv'n way up there... Tough MoFos!

• Haha
Reactions: Northman623
It definitely let’s you know who’s fucking retarded in a hurry.

• Haha
Reactions: Nathantc
i would have keeled over before the first camera. nice job.

who am i kidding? i would even try to run if a tsunami was coming.