• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wounded Veterans charity in the Houston Tx area

Laser1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2009
The Great State of Texas
Anyone have any idea what a good charity in the Houston area would be that caters to wounded veterans? Since the WWP has been shown to be an anti-gun organization I am seeking another local charity. We make donations every Christmas in the names of the adults in our family to charity and give the kids bucks and gifts.

Re: Wounded Veterans charity in the Houston Tx area

The Powerhouse Church owns a place called the Jordan Ranch about 15 minutes west of Schulenburg and they occasionally host retreats for wounded veterans and their spouses. A few of my classmates and I went and helped out a couple weekends in October and we had a blast. Anyone can volunteer, just be sure to call and email them and tell them you're coming. They have you do things such as sweep the floors, vacuum, set up the dining room, and clean windows to prepare for their arrival. Then when they arrive they have you carry their luggage to their rooms, park their cars, and just help them out in any way you can. We could only go the day they arrived, but you can stay for as long as you want. Just google "Powerhouse Church, Jordan Ranch" and it should come up. Also, I'm not sure how often they host the retreats, so if you're interested you may want to email or call them and see when the next time they're doing it is. It's a little bit of a drive but well worth it. Hope this helps!

-Josh