• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wounded Warrior benefit Appleseed event

JoeZ

Project Appleseed
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2012
SE Wisconsin
Greetings all.
The Project Appleseed is holding an event in Lodi WI on June 9-10. All proceeds from the event will go to the Wounded Warrior Project. There will be door prizes, games, and food. Items have been donated from Armalite, Vortex Optics, ProMag, Tech Sights, and Craddock Precision. Check here for details; http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29700.0

Thank you for your consideration.
JoeZ

Re: Wounded Warrior benefit Appleseed event

Joe

What all takes place at this event

This will be a regular Appleseed with a few games added for fund raising and all the proceeds go to the WWP.

A regular Appleseed is a rifle marksmanship clinic with April 19th 1775 history mixed in. We teach field position prone, seated, and standing all unsupported with US GI sling. The goal is to teach people to hit a 20" square out to 500yds.It starts with the very basics but you really need to do well to earn the rifleman patch (Army expert). Saturday is spent on the 25m range and ends with a few simplified Army Qualification Tests so semi auto has a definite advantage. Then the better shooters go to the full distances on Sunday. I know Lodi has a long range but I'm not sure how far they (Appleseed people) go. At Racine I take the shooters all the way to 600 yards. I can ask the Shoot Boss what the plans are if anyone is interested.

Good to see you about here JoeZ and still involved in Appleseeds! Are you a Shoot Boss yet? Give my regards to DaZ. Along way from the Hilltop! Regards, Frank

Hi Frank,
Good to hear from you again. I did make shoot boss and actually am a senior instructor now.

Just a bit of an update here,
The Project Appleseed shoot in Lodi Wisconsin had 26 shooters and raised a little over $3000 for the Wounded Warrior Project. A big thanks to all who donated and/or came out!

JoeZ