• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOW!! ptr 91 32c 762x39 WOW x2

DAFAR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Bremerton Washington
Well guys I was so impressed last night that I had to pass this on. SInce the 80's I have always wanted an H&K. Price wise they were out of my reach and then after the import ban(well we know the rest there). ANyway a few years back i had tried one of the Century arms g3 rebuilds, it turned out to be a POS and after two trips back to Century for repair I lost confidence in it and sold it. However one of small detractor I noticed was that with the shape of my face and the stock the G# beat the crap out of me, not to mention the reloading of abused 308 brass. the answer came along when PTR91 (a high quality american manufacturer of HK style firearms) hit the scene they introduced a 762x39 version of the H&K 91 called the ptr 32. the best thing of all is it uses ak magazines. I ordered mine from cdnn. My rifle arrived last Saturday and I brought it home and quickly did a fit check with all my ak mags(assorted metal ones from around the world. I had about 10% that didnt fit so I took a dremel to the side of the foward engagement area of the mag and thinned then every so slightly and after a touch of reblueing they work fine. I then took the mount provided with the gun from cdnn and stuck it on, the mount is long on the ass end to mount with the rear sight, since I really love the hk sight I shortened the mount by two picitinny spaces and mounted it to the rifle.I then mounted a standarnd aimpoint and waited for a chance to get to the range.
Last night I got to the range just as the sun started to go down behingd the trees. I mounted my target, a 6 inch lime green paper plate, between the fading light and the aimpoint(and my old eyes) it was a tough target. I loaded a 10 round mag with old red line laquered wolf 762 x39 and pulled the trigger WOW what a dream the trigger is not match grade by any means but compared to a stock H&K it was great, the recoil was a super pleasent nudge equal too or LESS than an ar YES less than an AR, I couldnt believe it. I fired a second shot and when I looked through the spotting scope I could not believe it two rounds about 1.20 inches apart at the bottom of the plate. This was with Wolf ammo. I continued my double shots and workd the adjustments on my Aimpoint, everytime the two shot groups were 1 to 1.25 inches apart. when I was done I did a less precise blasting of 10 rounds and all were within a 3moa cirlcle in the center of the plate.
I LOVED SHOOTING THIS RIFLE, its super smooth recoil and the thwack of somthing more than a 55 grain 223 smacking the backstop was great.
I hate to say it but this could replace my ar as my zombie rifle

Re: WOW!! ptr 91 32c 762x39 WOW x2

Congrats! I have wanted one of those too the 7.62x39 that is...

When my mother in law was coming to visit my wife said, "Go by a rifle since she is coming." She calls them "mother in law guns", I have a few and not sure its a good trade, can't stand her, anyways, I picked up a PTR91 GI one time. Just on a, well I always wanted an HK ages ago lets try it. Loved it.

Changed things up on it some from hkparts.net and the Vortex PST 1-4 is from Mike at CStactical. I can hit a human sized target with it at 600 yards no problems... The trigger is less than ideal but its fine for what it is. After I put the PWS muzzle brake on, it is even more fun to shoot. The hand grip is there instead of a bipod, my shooting backpack with it is the perfect height for me.

I tell people often, don't bypass PTR its a great rifle, that is fun fun fun and is not built by cross eyed monkeys, they are built well.

Its also something when people come over and want to see some of my firearms they always want to look at closer. Its not bad to clean either, but brass? Hhahahahhaha they are destroyed and launched about 20 yards, yes yards.
IMG_20110909_101427.jpg

Re: WOW!! ptr 91 32c 762x39 WOW x2

I used these...

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MFI-Medium-Height-34mm-Scope-Ring-Set-of-Two-118p2174.htm

But with the PST I wish they were just a tad bit taller, I have to have the rear sight at 0, the notch is just enough room to clear. BUT, they do work I can see the front sight and my head isn't too obnoxious in height.

I should also add, that I pull the scope off and put it on my Steyer AUG back and forth, but the rings are too low for AR with MagPul flip ups to clear. Hope that helps.