• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOW Thread, Thanks !

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I really appreciate @D_TROS posting that fund drive thread

I don't push the donations, or upgrades, although we all know the sign-ups to sell are big.

But just to give an example of how things are progressing on SH moving into 2020.

Consider this my State of the Union informal address:

We are busier than ever, the site traffic wise is growing by a wide margin.

As an example, in early December before my account renewed for the month, we received a warning in terms of our server use and account limits.

APPROACHING RESOURCE LIMIT
    4.9 TB of traffic has been used this month out of 4.4 TB limit

These are just scalable warnings saying the month is gonna cost you more.

Today I received a new notice

APPROACHING RESOURCE LIMIT
    6.8 TB of traffic has been used this month out of 4.4 TB limit

So I am sure we are bumping up to the next limit at least to 7.5TB

Google also sees this,
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.05.02 AM.png

We have been averaging right around 15% growth every month. SO that is huge we are continuing to grow the site.

I do have a plan to upgrade parts of the site, not big in terms of my side, but bigger in terms of the user experience. Once they finally decide to schedule me a time to do it. I have been asking for 2 months and nothing yet, they say they are too busy to work on it. It's not a critical update, but one that is more user friendly based.

I appreciate the support, I appreciate the help from my Mods and I appreciate all the members, even the ones I ban, as many of them entertain me too.

Thanks to all who stepped up to support the site, it helps start the new year off right and gives me the flexiility to build on the experience for you all.

Wow, they don't charge you on a 95th percentile of bandwidth versus the total data transferred that they seem to bill you on currently?

Ideally they'd let you buy a commit rate like 100Mbit (or flexible for peak times) sustained package and charge you a flat-rate for that. 7.5TB transfer for 30 days is something like 26Mbit sustained bandwidth 24/7. Bad metric though as it doesn't account for peak traffic periods, but a good metric none the less.

Or perhaps go back to hosting your own rack server with dedicated circuits - could be a good thing or a bad thing there for obvious reasons.

Wait a second.

So what youre saying is.....the more I shitpost on here and post memes about poor people.......the more money it costs you? :sneaky:
    I think what he is saying is; A thousand poor men with one gun...are more valuable and powerful, than one rich man with a thousand guns. :)

Congrats Frank. There are few sites with this much collective knowledge, and this many loose screws. :)

Wow, they don't charge you on a 95th percentile of bandwidth versus the total data transferred that they seem to bill you on currently?

Ideally they'd let you buy a commit rate like 100Mbit (or flexible for peak times) sustained package and charge you a flat-rate for that. 7.5TB transfer for 30 days is something like 26Mbit sustained bandwidth 24/7. Bad metric though as it doesn't account for peak traffic periods, but a good metric none the less.

Or perhaps go back to hosting your own rack server with dedicated circuits - could be a good thing or a bad thing there for obvious reasons.

I am saying we are growing,

The cost is part of doing business, I am not bitching about the costs, only the amount of traffic we see

People have no clue how much traffic moves through this site,

I think what he is saying is; A thousand poor men with one gun...are more valuable and powerful, than one rich man with a thousand guns. :)

Congrats Frank. There are few sites with this much collective knowledge, and this many loose screws. :)

Yada...yada, yada....
    I've pored....poored....I've fingered around your ramblings.
    I find no mention of a snow cone machine.

Reactions: Barneybdb
    Ok then, If after a blowjob, your wiener looks like it came out of snow cone machine. She is doing it wrong. Problem resolved.

Sorry LL, Loose screws abound. :)

Ok then, If after a blowjob, your wiener looks like it came out of snow cone machine. She is doing it wrong. Problem resolved.

Sorry LL, Loose screws abound. :)

I'll have you know my screw is not loose, it is simply broken. They failed to use the good decking screws from Lowe's.
    Last they checked three other screws were intact and tight.
    Sure, I can't operate the microwave without pissing my pants and forgetting my name for a half hour but....

Wait, weren't we talking about soft serve machine?

I'm still trying to order one of those monkeys in space. Not the ones in Ad Astra, the other ones.

Thank you Frank for a great place to come together and share knowledge and piss in each other's Cheerios!!!

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Thanks for the time suck known as the hide. I’ve tried not to run off people. I just keep to myself more. Thanks for enabling my another money hole in this sport. Even though I can’t hang with The German.

Just a few months ago I was seeing maybe 50 new members a day on weekdays and 100 or so on weekends.
    I think I did about 150 today, and that's about where it's been running for several weeks now.
    We do see a good number that sign up and never come back, but that's the nature of the beast with forums.
    Still, these numbers indicate the site is seeing more and more sustained traffic.

For those of us who are still here after the Scout fiasco, we should all give Frank a collective low five for keeping the pilot light on here while that experiment ran its course. I don't even want to think about what it would be like to still be over there.

I appreciate all the blood, sweat, tears, and everything else you all put into this site. I’ve been a shooter for over 30 years since I was a child and despite being here for nearly a decade, I learn new things here every single day, even if some days it’s just new ways to avoid pissing Frank off.

I don’t know how much or in what ways I could ever help aside from donating, but if there’s ever anything you guys need help with, sign me up.

I like the banter from the experts. They know more than most of us, me especially.
    I've bought a couple things from the PX, don't plan on selling, but found a $20 donation category, so I did.
    I'm cheap. 20 bucks is all you get for now :)
    This site is even better than the ARF site. (a little)

I do have a bandwidth suggestion though.
    5 megapixel images. WOW, just WOW.

Reactions: Tucker301
    Just a few months ago I was seeing maybe 50 new members a day on weekdays and 100 or so on weekends.
    I think I did about 150 today, and that's about where it's been running for several weeks now.
    We do see a good number that sign up and never come back, but that's the nature of the beast with forums.
    Still, these numbers indicate the site is seeing more and more sustained traffic.

For those of us who are still here after the Scout fiasco, we should all give Frank a collective low five for keeping the pilot light on here while that experiment ran its course. I don't even want to think about what it would be like to still be over there.
    Been around a little less than a year. Heard lots of references to scout. Any one care to give a short rub down?

A lot of us are just here for LL nudes, but he keeps letting us down. Just teases.

Speaking of BJs, @lowlight musta got one. He is rather jovial today.

Ladies gotta learn, if you want a happy man, suck his dick, play with his balls, and make him and sammich from time to time.
    And dont bitch when he buys more Ammo.....

This is my only social media. Kills me to even say that..... This is the only reason I keep a smartphone.....

Good dudes here. Darn good.

Frank, we are damn near neighbors. If you ever wanna grab a beer or whiskey lemme know.
    Pizza Louie is nearish and been hearing it is some of the best in the metro.

I've been here a lil while sites got a really good vibe to it thankyou to Everyone especially you Frank for making all of this possible :D

Yes, that debacle was interesting to say the VERY least. I thought for sure Frank had shot himself in the foot and it was the end. Somehow, someway we all made it through. Glad Frank and all the mods (kids??) are still here.

I personally never had shot past 300(army) before I joined this site. Since then, I have successfully and repeatedly shot out to 1200yards.

I owe my reloading abilities to a member here who also is a member on a local forum when I was in Florida. He without hesitation invited me to his house and taught me the basics of reloading. If it weren't for this site I wouldn't have a clue.

Thanks again @lowlight and all the mods here who put up with our shit, especially in the PX section.

The new traffic is just all the secret squirrel boys checking to see what's going on.

Reactions: OldSalty
    You might want to think about growing the legal and compliance department as well.

What if someone from Virginia signs up for your paramilitary, militia, sniper, boolaloo, online training? Everybody could go to jail and all their fancy AIs end up in the hands Agent Carl of the VBI!

Reactions: deersniper
    You might want to think about growing the legal and compliance department as well.

What if someone from Virginia signs up for your paramilitary, militia, sniper, boolaloo, online training? Everybody could go to jail and all their fancy AIs end up in the hands Agent Carl of the VBI!

I'm here for the dance lessons.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    I gotta say I lost faith during the Scout years. Once I found that The Hide was back to normal I found my way back home. I owe this site and all its members a lot. I learned to shoot from my dad like a lot of us, then learned a bit more from the Corp. Last summer I was able to finally get out In July and meet Frank and Mike for a Mile High class. All the lessons and the knowledge bombs slammed home and just made sense, all the podcasts and online training lessons things I thought I knew were suddenly just facts and truths.

I shoot a APO rifle, from Snipers Hide
    I listen to the Podcasts everyday on the way to work and back
    This site is like a second home

And for all that We have Frank to Thank
    Thanks man it was Great to meet you after all these years keep it up we're listening and reading and learning!!!

Jeremy
    July 2019
    Bazzoka Green APO

If she blows it... they will come!

In the context of the above, FIFY

Ladies gotta learn, if you want a happy man, suck his dick, play with his balls, and make him and sammich from time to time. And dont bitch when he buys more Ammo.....

I'm the luckiest man alive. My wife just looked at the bank balance and decided the balance is so fat we need to go buy more than the usual monthly ammo purchase.

Reactions: powdahound76
    Speaking of BJs, @lowlight musta got one. He is rather jovial today.

Ladies gotta learn, if you want a happy man, suck his dick, play with his balls, and make him and sammich from time to time.
    And dont bitch when he buys more Ammo.....

This is my only social media. Kills me to even say that..... This is the only reason I keep a smartphone.....

Good dudes here. Darn good.

Frank, we are damn near neighbors. If you ever wanna grab a beer or whiskey lemme know.
    Pizza Louie is nearish and been hearing it is some of the best in the metro.
    Again have you met @Maser .? On a serious note . Hey Frank , thanks for not banning me when I piss you off . Believe it or not I actually have that affect on people in my daily .

Reactions: deersniper