• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Wraith 32X HD or 16X 4K?

gunsnjeeps

Retired Swab Jockey
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Norfolk, Va
Looking at both wraith models on sale this week and need some education. In the HD with 32X magnification is 32X realistic or pixelated? The other model is 16X with a 4K sensor. I see that the 4k is listed for 300 yards and the HD is 200. I'm used to 4x for 90% of my shooting so I am probably over thinking it.

I've had the 16X recommended as it is smaller and lighter. Which is something I hadn't considered and that the 16X 4K would have more detail and less pixelation.

Not looking at the price difference, it isn't a big deal just trying to figure out how much better the 4K is

Reactions: Earnhardt
I went with the 4k. I figured it was higher resolution and it was a better offer with the rail mounted battery included. At the time Bass Pro was $399 for the HD and PSA was $499 for the 4K with battery.

Reactions: Bender
I thought I had a couple of pictures through it of a 100 yard target. I'll take a couple next time I get to the range.

I bought one of the Wraith 4K 16x NV scopes while PSA had them on sale for $450 a while back. I figured get one cheap, and if I hated it, I'd just sell it when they went off sale, and at least get my money back out of it.

Long story short... I'm extremely impressed with this unit for 1.) its size, 2.) and how good the video image quality is, even at max magnification.

I ended up with one of these. Got it as a gift. My one complaint so far is not “FFP”
Or in MIL but it is surprisingly clear.

Now to go sight it in and field test it.