• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Wrapping scopes

Lone star Shooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2018
Recently I have seen some guys who have wrapped their scope bells with what looks like elastic vet wrap. Is that what you’re using? How does it hold up? Seems like a reasonable way to protect the scope’s finish.

Reactions: Scope Chaps
Yes, use those wraps. They help with not getting the scope scratched up, etc. If kept on for much too long and then you remove it, the scope will be a bit sticky. I'm sure a bit of rubbing alcohol will take care of the stickiness...

Its a variant of 3M medical Coban brand elastic shape conforming self-adhering soft wrap. IF it gets wet it takes a day or so to dry out which I don't like wrapped about an expensive scope (their waterproof, its the thought of the retained moisture). I use it to retain butt stock bolsters.
IMG_5337 copy.JPG

McNett also has camp wrap and other colors branded for sporting goods, not sure if it differs from Chinese stuff as I haven’t tried comparisons and moisture tests.

Recently I have seen some guys who have wrapped their scope bells with what looks like elastic vet wrap. Is that what you’re using? How does it hold up? Seems like a reasonable way to protect the scope’s finish.
It's called 3M Vetrap self adhesive tape (you can get cheap copies of self-adhesive tape on eBay but just go the 3M)
Dramatically reduces the cringe factor as you slam your scope bell against a barricade etc.
Probably a good reducer of reflection on hunting scopes too......
cheers
IMG_3656.JPG

i wanted to try that wrapping my rifle scope but with more of an English linen like a nice pool que handle wrapping .but that adhesive tape looks pretty nice .

Reactions: Gingernosol
does the vet wrap stay wet or does it dry out pretty quick

does the vet wrap stay wet or does it dry out pretty quick
Don’t know about all of it but I had some holding a camping mat cheek rest on that got sticky and stayed that way from humidity and sweat

I wrapped my ZCO with it and then proceeded to knock the shit out of it on a barricade. Didn’t hurt my feels near as bad. This is what I bought for my scope down below.

Cohband

+2 McNett. It's been very durable so far, prevents scrapes and scuffs and feels warmer to press against in the winter.

I've been to 3 stores looking for some gay ass colored vet wrap and all they have is normal colors. If I wanted normal colors all they would have is some stupid shit.

I was going to put my money where my mouth was and do leopard or something dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gingernosol
Pretty great timing, guys asking about wrapping scope objectives. Here's a little project I'm also involved with. 500D cordura, loop material on the sides for whatever patches you want, antislip material to prevent rotation, and double thickness. This isn't padding, but a much better, cleaner, cool way to prevent scratches on your expensive optic.

The manufacturer will have two sizes available. Sizes specifically made for the ZC420 and ZC527, but these two sizes are a very good fit also on the 3.6-18 Mark 5HD and the larger 56mm objective will fit really well on the 5-25 Mark 5 HD, and Kahles 624i.

More testing is going on to verify fitment on other optics right now.

First batch is hopefully going to be ready for purchase in about 2 to 3 weeks, just waiting on material.

Three colors to start: multicam, multicam black, and coyote. Pricing still to be determined.

@lowlight
@Birch Creek
@Tyler Kemp

Attachments

• PXL_20201129_012836414.jpg
    PXL_20201129_012836414.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 1,925
  • PXL_20201129_012850883.jpg
    PXL_20201129_012850883.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 1,246
  • PXL_20201129_012930722.jpg
    PXL_20201129_012930722.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 639
  • PXL_20201129_012925350.jpg
    PXL_20201129_012925350.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Pretty great timing, guys asking about wrapping scope objectives. Here's a little project I'm also involved with. 500D cordura, loop material on the sides for whatever patches you want, antislip material to prevent rotation, and double thickness. This isn't padding, but a much better, cleaner, cool way to prevent scratches on your expensive optic.

The manufacturer will have two sizes available. Sizes specifically made for the ZC420 and ZC527, but these two sizes are a very good fit also on the 3.6-18 Mark 5HD and the larger 56mm objective will fit really well on the 5-25 Mark 5 HD, and Kahles 624i.

First batch is hopefully going to be ready for purchase in about 2 to 3 weeks, just waiting on material.

Three colors to start: multicam, multicam black, and coyote. Pricing still to be determined.

YES PLEASE!, I need this for my 527!

Will you let us kmow when available?

Reactions: gebhardt02
We have a product that should be ready to purchase in 2-3 weeks that will protect your scope from scratches and look cool. View at our Facebook page www.facebook.com/ScopeChaps

@gebhardt02 has already been in contact with @lowlight regarding this product.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Instagram under Scope Chaps also. Website is a project we need to work on. The community here is most likely going to be our biggest influence.

Reactions: Zorrosdens

@lowlight
@Birch Creek
@Tyler Kemp
I need one of these for my XTRII 3-15 🙏

Thanks for your interest!
We are still in the process of making products. We aren't sure it will fit the XTRll until we get one in the shop to test fit.

Reactions: akmike47
Thanks for your interest!
We are still in the process of making products. We aren't sure it will fit the XTRll until we get one in the shop to test fit.
Us poors need to represent. Montana is a bit far or I'd bring mine.

I've been to 3 stores looking for some gay ass colored vet wrap and all they have is normal colors. If I wanted normal colors all they would have is some stupid shit.

I was going to put my money where my mouth was and do leopard or something dumb.

If you have them in your area, check out Tractor Supply. Go into the horse section and they have all kinds of wild patterns that are used for leg wraps. Here is an example and the store near me has several other prints as well.

CE67C375-B763-4DEF-9DDC-06512F4BD735.jpeg

Last edited:
I know someone here lives in Montana and has a xtrII. See if that scope cover fits and I'll get shooter65 to send you some titty pics.

I have an XTR II in 4-20. Not sure on dimensional difference to the 3-15 though for proper sizing.

This project started initially for the ZCO scopes. Had to start somewhere. More models will get developed for other scopes as needed, just going to take a bit longer. Thankfully, the current sizes already are a good fit to other similar sized optics.

Reactions: akmike47
you can get any self adhesive wrap for pretty cheap. i got mine off amazon for like $5 and it works great. sticks very well and protects the scope from scratches and stuff.

This project started initially for the ZCO scopes. Had to start somewhere. More models will get developed for other scopes as needed, just going to take a bit longer. Thankfully, the current sizes already are a good fit to other similar sized optics.
Any chance you have an option for the ZC420 with sunshade?

Nice! I just wrapped my Z420 the other day with those spongy camo tapes. I dig the Velcro area on these.

I have an XTR II in 4-20. Not sure on dimensional difference to the 3-15 though for proper sizing.

Maybe I can find some measurements online when I get off work. Would be a bonus if it fits.

I always just cut some old BDU's into about 2 inch wide strips, wrap the scope and secure it with paracord. Cheap and effective.

Reactions: Glassaholic
You could always tape it off and spray the areas of the scope you want to protect. When you are done for the season or get tired of the color, just peel it off and try another.

I would never spend more than $1 to wrap my scope. On second thought...nah. I won’t even spend $1.
The used scope buyers appreciate that.

Saves us a ton of money and we don’t feel bad about using the scope after someone else scratches the piss out of it lol

I’m going to continue wrapping my scopes that aren’t scratched up yet tho

It's called 3M Vetrap self adhesive tape (you can get cheap copies of self-adhesive tape on eBay but just go the 3M)
Dramatically reduces the cringe factor as you slam your scope bell against a barricade etc.
Probably a good reducer of reflection on hunting scopes too......
cheersView attachment 7480871
That looks slick