• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Wrapping supressors

jeepguy242

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Winston Salem NC
i see a lot of pictures here of rifles with what looks like a velcro wrap around the supressor, could someone please explain why you would wrap a supressor?

i assume it has something to do with heat, is it protecting the supressor, or the shooter from accidentally touching it?

Re: Wrapping supressors

yep, thats it... so it is keeping the heat from causing mirage... ok thanks.. i get it now... i didnt think of it like that.

The covers also prevent burns when doing transitions with a carbine.

On a single point sling, with a can, some guns have a nasty habit of hanging perfect for causing burns on legs.

I dumped a few mags then propped the rifle up against a trailer house once....suppressor melted a nice 6" x 3" hole in the siding
grin.gif
I got one of Tony's covers for all of them now

no effect on zero. It slows the effects of mirage in your sight picture and keeps you from burning your hand if removing the suppressor.