• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wrong stock

Redbeard80

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2008
west coast
I finally got 2 Savage Cub 22lr ordered for my niece and nephew and the show up with the thumb hole target stocks. I didn't want those stocks because I wanted to start them with open sights and this stock is more for a scope. I can't even line up the open sights with this stock to sight it in. Savage said those stocks are back ordered for a month and they want $73 shipped a per stock. I have not been able to find out what the distributor will do but have little hope they won't try to screw me on shipping and thank they don't have what I want anyways. We made it clear I wanted the standard cub youth but this is what they sent. With that said what do all you think about starting them with the thumb hole and take a little bit off the comb so the open sights work.

Re: Wrong stock

i say take the guns apart, buy new stocks. you can get standard style stocks for open sights from brownells or midway. then put the new stocks up for sale, or make lamps out of them. would be a really good conversation starter. much more intersting than a leg lamp.