• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WSM detachable bottom metal

head2h2o

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
Houston, TX
After some searching through old posts and researching around other sites, it seems there is not a clear concensus on how to go about running bottom metal in a WSM rifle. I am trying to work out all the details for a 7mm WSM and this bottom metal thing seems to be the last hang up.

Bottom metal options appear to be Seekins and CDI. Are there others? Can the Badger M5 bottom metal be used?

Magazine options:
Does AI make a designated WSM magazine or is modification of the 308 mag the best route.

I see that alpha mags has WSM mags. Are there other suppliers? I would like to stick with an AI based setup only because everything else I have is AI compatible.

Thanks for the help.

Re: WSM detachable bottom metal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This magazine:

http://accurate-mag.com/-OFF8.html

and the Seekins DBM system is supposed to work.
</div></div>

I used those without issue in my 7wsm

Badger will work with AI mags. My gap came with 1 5 rd modified accurate mag. And I bought a 7 rd wsm mag from alpha mag, and while it feeds fine it will not drop free so I need to call them eventually. I haven't had any mag length issues, but I am running a 300 not 7 mm. That is with 190 mk's so I might have to load mag length with 208's. Hope this helps.
Adam

Glen,

Thanks for letting me know that. I will certainly give yours a look.