• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WSM in aics mags?

bcw1284

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I'm looking to finish up a project gun pretty quick here, but i've run into a small issue. I'm running a LONG action 700 with AICS win mag bottom metal, and want to use these with .300 WSM (to maximize C.O.A.L.) but I'm having some feed issues.

I thought I had read somewhere that WSM cases feed well from the lapua sized mags, but I can't seem to find that info now that I need it (of course). Just wondering if someone who has them laying around can confirm this for me before I buy into another expensive set of AICS mags, lol.

Thanks.

Re: WSM in aics mags?

Yes you need lapua mags. I run a 7 saum in a long action. The win mag magazines are too narrow and the case head drags on the internal ribs of the mag. Had to get ones for lapua. Also put a spacer in the front of mine.

2nd BLK7. I am running a 7/300wsm in a long action using the 338 Lapua AICS 5rd mags. They feed and fit well with not having to modify the lips of the mags.

Excellent, thank you both for the info. I just wanted to be sure before I coughed up the dough for yet another set of mags, lol.