• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WSM/SAUM Mags for NRL Hunter?

rootacres

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2020
Hello all, so I am entertaining trying some NRL matches this year and in the future. My current hunting rig is a 7 SAUM. At least for this year I will probably run it for NRL Hunter. Here's the pickle, I run AICS SA patterned mags, the highest mag capacity I can find is a 7 round, I need something that can hold at least 8. Is everyone that uses these just rocking a mag extension or is there a mag out there that holds more than 7? Thanks

Reactions: Myrum260
Just don’t miss lol. I doubt you’ll frequently be shooting 8 rounds and you could just get a match saver to have 2 extra on the side of your gun. For a real answer, you’ll probably just have to get an extension

I use these, 8 rounds of 6.5 PRC fit great. No feeding issues, although I did scrape a floor plate off on a rock...don't do that.

I wonder how these differ from the 7rd Accurate WSM mag. Did Ruger have Accurate make one just slightly longer to fit 8rd? or is the follower different to squeeze one more in the same box?

I wonder how these differ from the 7rd Accurate WSM mag. Did Ruger have Accurate make one just slightly longer to fit 8rd? or is the follower different to squeeze one more in the same box?
I've wondered myself but haven't compared them side by side. The Ruger mags are all I use in mine, absolutely perfect for NRL Hunter.

I've wondered myself but haven't compared them side by side. The Ruger mags are all I use in mine, absolutely perfect for NRL Hunter.
Yeah I only have 2 3rd and 1 7rd for mine. Might have to look at picking up one of these. With a 2rd extension like MDT posted I wonder if you can fit 10rds?

Just don’t miss lol. I doubt you’ll frequently be shooting 8 rounds and you could just get a match saver to have 2 extra on the side of your gun. For a real answer, you’ll probably just have to get an extension
Haha, I hear ya. I shot USPSA for a while, our running joke was "if you're gonna miss. . . miss fast" lol. . . The match saver plus the 7 rounder would be an option for sure if I didnt want to buy an extension.

Reactions: wpeach1912