• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WSSM uppers

Ogallala_1

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2008
Ogallala ne,
I really want a 243 wssm upper for my ar. Any one want to give me the 411 on an Olympic arms? i see midway has them on hand. I am going to use this for my tournament calling rifle so need a reliable good shooting rifle. Let me know what you think.

John

Re: WSSM uppers

I think they are kind of neat had a 25cal win short mag wish it would have looked cleaner but worked well and shot well I think those win short mag rounds are sort of red headed step child cals but shoot well had a 223 wwsm in a winchester bolt very good shooter

Oly is a bottom of the barrel company,I believe their WSSM barrels are extremely heavy and no lighter profile is available.Pretty bad when they are located here in WA state and nobody here that I know of carries them or uses them.There are a lot of hot rod 6mm carts on the market that do really well in an AR15.Being in Nebraska,you might want to call Kevin at Stockade Gunstocks,he does a lot of hot rod stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoRepeater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stainless Ultra Match barrels shoot really well IMO. I would avoid the chromemoly barrel in the WSSMs as barrel life may be short.

The Ultra Match barrels should have "SUM" in the barrel stamp which means stainless ultra match which is broach cut and made out of 416 stainless.

People may say bad things about Olympic but right now the Army uses their 223 ARs for their trainers and they hold up quite well.

Not affiliated with Olympic in any way.

</div></div>

I need to do a bit more research,but the word I got on the Oly trainers as of today was they are exactly that,trainers,non functioning.I will find out more later this week.