• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories wt"B".. want to borrow / want to buy ?? .308 go no go gauges, action wrench.

dspjaggar

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2018
29 palms ca
Family / Friends / fellow Veterans.....

Im trying to see if anyone wants to help a dude out and let me borrow some go no go gauges and an action wrench that can index a recoil lug for a r700.

i ordered a carbon six remage barrel 2 weeks ago and it should be here next weekish. i managed to get the old barrel off with an action wrench i made with some steel brackets and some wood inserts (had to cut the recoil lug). later thought about it an realized im essentially just going to be winging it for aligning the new lug unless i pony up on some more tools.

will pay shipping both ways and extra.

or if you have some you want to sell i can stop being poor and buy them from you.

One vote for stop being poor.

Every-time I see “remage” I think of a guy using home made tools trying to get out of buying the proper tools. Just a little more blow torch and...

Is this safe to do? maybe i have been doing it wrong, I would get a barrel vice and nut wrench

is which part safe? I didn't have any issues that weren't the norm coming off.

I mean what is an action wrench and barrel vice except 2 pieces of steel with some bolts and at times some hard wood inserts?

the issue is I want to make sure the recoil lug is square going back on.

which is the nature of the thread. I already identified I want to use proper tools, looking to try to rent, borrow, or buy.

At least I'm not asking about setting headspace using live rounds instead of gauges 😄

It makes sense for the whole kit (vice, wrench, etc) to be a pass-around, or buy it/sell it/add to it around the Hide in a dedicated thread. I don't like single task tools sitting around.

Kind of my thoughts as well. Especially for this rifle being a hunting rifle I dont see myself needing it ever again, or not for 10 plus years at least. And for my rifle that i like to shoot a lot i will send it to a quality smith. Figured i try out these carbon six barrels though for my meh rifle.

Rent it from 4D. Just rented some go and no go gauges to re headspace a rifle after I took barrel off.https://4drentals.com/

I had checked out another site that rents recently. I'll give them a look if this doesnt turn out. plus I'd rather give money to someone here

well i ordered an action and barrel nut wrench, and barrel vise. going to rent the gauges from www.reamerrentals.com for $7.00 and call it good.

will likely resell tools or offer up for others to borrow for cost of shipping in the future.

Reactions: bachelorjack
I use my barrel vise quite a it. I have only used my action wrench twice.

I always just eye ball my recoil lugs.

Reactions: dspjaggar