• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB WTB 204 ruger stuff

Wanting To Buy

Kramer93

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2020
A friend of mine recently acquired a .204 ruger, and 5 rounds of ammo. He's thinking he might need more than that, so I am in search of brass and dies. I'm not sure what bullet he wants to shoot yet, so I'll just start with brass and dies for now. He's not a great shot to begin with, so brass quality isn't a huge deal, and there's absolutely no need for bushing style sizing dies or micrometer seating dies. Anything out there will work. I figured I'd check here first to see if anyone has some used stuff they're looking to get rid of before I order new.

I'll have to look but I may have some once fired Hornady 204 brass and possibly a box of 50 unfired new brass.

If your friends 204 is a factory gun it'll have a 12tw barrel so I'd stick with 32-35gr bullets. I've had a couple 204's a CZ 527 and Tikka, still have the Tikka, and they both shot the Hornady Superformance 32gr Vmax ammo extremely well. For a real screamer, 4400fps, the Hornady 24gr NTX ammo shoots pretty well in factory barrels too.

I will look to see what I all have and get back to you.

I'll have to look but I may have some once fired Hornady 204 brass and possibly a box of 50 unfired new brass.

If your friends 204 is a factory gun it'll have a 12tw barrel so I'd stick with 32-35gr bullets. I've had a couple 204's a CZ 527 and Tikka, still have the Tikka, and they both shot the Hornady Superformance 32gr Vmax ammo extremely well. For a real screamer, 4400fps, the Hornady 24gr NTX ammo shoots pretty well in factory barrels too.

I will look to see what I all have and get back to you.

Thank you for the advice! I was leaning toward 40gr, but I'll stick to the 32's now. Keep me posted on what you have, please. Once fired brass would be perfect.

Picked up a set of dies today at a local gun shop. Still looking for brass.