• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTB: Barrett Fieldcraft or Kimber Mountain Ascent

V

Vandy321

Starting the search for a 5lb rifle. I have my preference in these two rifles, but wanted to post a WTB for either to see what comes of it.

Not caliber specific, but something .270 or larger preferred, ideally 7mm08, 7mm mag, 280ai, 300wsm

Shoot me a PM

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn’t make a FC in those calibers.....Nor did Kimber make a MA in those except 280AI..

Incorrect on the MA. Valid on the FC...7mm 08 though, good catch.

Not sure what kimber you're looking at, but it's avail in 7mm 08, 7mm mag, 300wsm, 280ai, etc..
Screenshot_20201119-212636_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check Rokslide. I have seen 3 FC sell last week. I think all 6.5 CM though. I love have both and the FC is the rifle that I go to when I need something lighter than 8 lbs.

I wonder if Barrett will ever make the Fieldcraft again, I wanted one in 223 but they never made it.

When I spoke to Barrett folks at the Reno sheep show this past January they said plan was to continue making them, just a hiatus while fulfilling larger (and likely more lucrative) Govt. contracts. I had hoped to see them make the Fieldcraft in the 6.5 PRC--which seems still a remote possibility, it wont be any time soon. Decided to just get Melvin Forbes to spin me one up.

Good luck in your hunt. There was a 7mm-08 Ascent on GB for a while.

Reactions: Vandy321