• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Wtb crux muzzle break

JMil72

Wheel chock
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Maine
Hey guys,

I’m looking for a Templar/Crux Arc30 muzzle brake 5/8x24 or 1/2x28. If anyone has one they’re willing to part with I’d be interested.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I’m looking for a Templar/Crux Arc30 muzzle brake 5/8x24 or 1/2x28. If anyone has one they’re willing to part with I’d be interested.

Thanks

I may have one that I can sell you. Let me see if I have one that I can part with and I will let you know.

Reactions: JMil72
Hey guys,

Thanks
If you don't find what you are looking for, Area 419 makes an adapter that works with their Hellfire system. You unscrew the brake and screw on the suppressor. I am using it and found that it also provides very little POI shift and great accuracy.

If you don't find what you are looking for, Area 419 makes an adapter that works with their Hellfire system. You unscrew the brake and screw on the suppressor. I am using it and found that it also provides very little POI shift and great accuracy.
Thanks for the info. If no one has a break, I’ll have to look into buying one

I know that in the Crux owners Facebook page there had been some listed for sale. I bet you could source one in that group.

Reactions: JMil72
Hey, sorry that it took me so long. I did end up finding an extra Crux brake in 3/4x24...it's brand new and has never been installed. You could easily use a barrel thread adapter from Down Range products or the Silencer Store if you want it. Just let me know either way.

Hey, sorry that it took me so long. I did end up finding an extra Crux brake in 3/4x24...it's brand new and has never been installed. You could easily use a barrel thread adapter from Down Range products or the Silencer Store if you want it. Just let me know either way.
No problem at all. I appreciate you looking. I think I’m going to try the area 416 setup and see how that goes.

Reactions: Zeus0390
Seems like Crux brakes have become unobtainium at a reasonable price since the company went under. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Decided to machine one myself based on tolerances I measured from brake I already own for my Archangel 30. Managed to get it pretty close. Just have to get it cerakoted.

Attachments

• Crux 1.jpg
    Crux 1.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 46
  • Crux 2.jpg
    Crux 2.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Crux 3.jpg
    Crux 3.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Crux 4.jpg
    Crux 4.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 49
Seems like Crux brakes have become unobtainium at a reasonable price since the company went under. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Decided to machine one myself based on tolerances I measured from brake I already own for my Archangel 30. Managed to get it pretty close. Just have to get it cerakoted.

Wow, that turned out great! I should check in with one of the local shops in my area and see if they could machine one up for me.

Reactions: jcoolhand5
5/8x24, 30 cal and looks like this. I've never used it except as a thread protector in the safe. If you want I can take a picture of the brake this evening.

1603118396141.png

Actually it’s a 3/4” with a 5/8” adapter. I believe its an Advanced Armament adapter. Anyway I don’t believe I’ve ever used it except as a thread protector on my Desert Tech barrels, looks like new. The adapter, muzzle brake and shipped $85 USPS mo. PM me if interested and we can work out the details.

Attachments

• 3FEB938C-A3D9-439E-B6F3-8EC64EB88567.jpeg
    3FEB938C-A3D9-439E-B6F3-8EC64EB88567.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 53
Actually it’s a 3/4” with a 5/8” adapter. I believe its an Advanced Armament adapter. Anyway I don’t believe I’ve ever used it except as a thread protector on my Desert Tech barrels, looks like new. The adapter, muzzle brake and shipped $85 USPS mo. PM me if interested and we can work out the details.

I know it’s been a few weeks but did the OP take you up on this offer?

Hey FishKat, sorry that I didn’t respond before now, I was away for a bit. If you still have the brake and thread adapter I’ll take it. Send me your info and I’ll get the payment out to you

Correction, $120 for the muzzle device. I looked back at previous threads to verify that

I have one I picked up off of here that I’ve never used. I threaded it onto my R700 AAC-SD 308 just to make sure it was good to go, then removed it. Not sure if a 5/8x24 Thread Pitch is what you need.
If you’re interested, make me an offer via PM. image.jpg

Looks like another option is to take a 1/2 or 5/8 and punch it out to 3/4. So I guess I could take anything someone has available.
what size caliber you need the 3/4x24? I have one with 0.374 bore, brand new. purchased from member above for $120+5 shipping. But If I sell it, I'll need to first see if I can have one of my other two modified to fit my rifle. My rifle is 5/8x24 in .375 (bit of an odd ball), I have a 5/8x24 but its only 0.358 bore so I need to see if someone can open it up for my 375.

what size caliber you need the 3/4x24? I have one with 0.374 bore, brand new. purchased from member above for $120+5 shipping. But If I sell it, I'll need to first see if I can have one of my other two modified to fit my rifle. My rifle is 5/8x24 in .375 (bit of an odd ball), I have a 5/8x24 but its only 0.358 bore so I need to see if someone can open it up for my 375.
It's going on my 338LM. My gunsmith presented the option to take my 5/8x24 and punch it out to 3/4x24.

What are your thoughts?

It's going on my 338LM. My gunsmith presented the option to take my 5/8x24 and punch it out to 3/4x24.

What are your thoughts?
Any machinist with decent lathe skills should have no problem boring out a .358 to .374. That shouldn't be to difficult at all. Just have to ensure concentrically based on the 5/8x24 threads. Maybe cut a new crown after on the muzzle end to clean it up.

I am not a machinist and wanted the bore done by someone I could trust, so I contacted Kelly Driesel of Ross Muzzle Brakes And he bored out and timed my crux brake/mount. Job well done.