• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB WTB CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Hornet

Wanting To Buy

Aescobar17

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2018
Looking for a 17 Hornet in the CZ 527 Varmint. Might consider a 527 American as well, but only interested in the 17 Hornet and the 527 model rifles only. Thanks!

I was looking for the same rifle and was not gonna pay gunbroker 1k+ for the stock rifle.

Found one 3 months later in 223 at my local pawn shop wanted 17 hornet but it can be re-barrled fyi. Could not pass up already threaded barrel dip rail .ect for 626 out the door. Best bet is search pawnshops that have a good assortment of used guns. Good luck (y)

Reactions: Aescobar17
Man I highly suggest cutting open the matress and spend a few extra dollars on the 17 hornet. There is a varmit on GB right now but it’s already at $900+ I don’t recall what I paid for mine but it was not in times like we’re in now but even then I think it was pretty pricey. I’ve expressed it on snipershide before in other threads but the 17 hornet is no bs one of the best calibers I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned plenty. For decades I was in love with my 22 mag for predator hunting especially over bait. Then I bought a 17 hmr back in the day but realized it was no better for me then the mag and with my mag love affair the hmr sat in the safe. Read an article on the hornet so sold the hmr kicked in some extra cash and ordered the hornet. It was love at first group and everything and I mean everything I’ve shot with it was fall over dead right there. Buying it I also thought it would be cool cause I could load for it but factory Hornady is one hole group so haven’t even bothered. All I can do is express to you to buy the one on GB maybe spending a couple hundred more then you think you should and you will not be disappointed. Another plus is there’s ammo on the shelf at a few local shops for me anyway, if you need a few I’ll pick them up for you.

@Aescobar17 This may be a slightly goofy question - but have you called around to place around you?

I was looking for a CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Hornet and just about started to get into bidding on GunBroker when I told myself to hold off until I really tried locally. I managed to call a couple places the next day that weren’t normal spots for me, but that I was familiar with from past experiences, and the fourth place I called had Varmints in 17 Hornet and 204 Ruger, as well as an an American in 22 Hornet. The price for each of the 527s was just under $760 each - so not the best, but it was a small local place and still beat GB by quite a bit. I was happy to support him!

If you don’t have any luck calling around, hit me up. I can try a few more stores that I didn’t end up calling and maybe they’ll have one! We don’t live in a high varmint population state (we definitely have loads of Varmints, but nothing like I see from the out west states and their prairie dog towns!) so these type of calibers are far less in demand. He told me I was the first one to even touch the 17 Hornet and he had it on his shelf for over two months.

To give you a little bit of light in the tunnel, mine was test fired at CZ the first week of January. Positive being - they are still being produced and sent out! If you need my help, hit me up, and maybe we can find one around here to ship to ya!

@Simonsza1 I have been looking for Redding dies and Hornady brass but haven’t found any in stock yet, so I may have to jump on factory if I want to shoot anytime soon. What’s the cost of ammo out your way? I’ll look locally here soon but may have to take you up on that offer if no luck!

I was just in there last week and they had 4 boxes at I believe $21.95 a box. It was the 20gr which is what I use in mine.

I can also check another ship when I get over that way next. My lgs I drive by once a week